Nov 2018 - Current
- Manage roadmap and digital product strategy for Clare, a connected food allergen sensor that enables users to test food for the presence of allergens and receive results on their mobile device
- Design mobile prototypes to facilitate early market feedback during focus groups & usability tests
- Created concept for automating food density calculation, reducing cognitive load and eliminating nearly 90% of all testing errors
- Led design and execution for food allergy restaurant guide, a POC that leverages Clare community test results to rate food allergy-safety
- Doubled 1st-test completion rate by automating food density calculation, eliminating manual errors and reducing cognitive fatigue
Jibo (ROBOTICS) - Boston
Aug 2017 - Jul 2018
- Managed Mobile, Multimedia and Partnership roadmap initiatives for Jibo, the world’s first social robot for the home
- Redesigned Jibo's Photo Skill to be more fluid, efficient and less error-prone, resulting in a 68% lift in skill 'completion rate'
- Launched bluetooth-enabled mobile app, Jibo Commander, allowing users to control what Jibo says and does, re-engaging over 1/3 of our beta participants
May 2014 - Jul 2017
- Managed product roadmap for Paint Nite, a marketplace platform that offers locally-hosted in-person events and virtual experiences
- Spearheaded relaunch and technical rebuild of e-commerce site, increasing CTR by 70% and reducing bounce rate by 40%
- Led checkout optimization project, resulting in a $2 lift in ROAS and a 50% decrease in customer refund requests
- Introduced and implemented agile ideation plan, collecting and testing 40% more concepts, to determine the effectiveness and cost/benefit of each proposal
Apr 2011 - Apr 2014
- Led the launch of Care.com's iOS and Android applications to market from concept through development to launch, reaching over 300M users on both sides of the market, doubling DAUs and tripling views/ session
- Launched and evolved “Care Gigs,” to become Care’s fastest growing care vertical, resulting in increased usage and engagement
- Created tools and services that made it easier for care providers to create credible-looking profiles and effectively represent their experience
- Optimized mobile-web "Post a Job" conversion rate by automating laborious, text-heavy tasks, resulting in a PAJ completion rate of close to 85%
Jan 2011 - Jan 2007
- Launched music streaming service & "Spotify rival," across Blackberry, Android, iPhone and web, generating 500k downloads in its first-round release
- Leveraged subject matter expertise in recommender systems to spearhead Thumbplay's partnership with Echo Nest
- Managed all digital marketing efforts and identified multi-platform use as a key indicator of reduced churn
- Launched new music streaming service, available across mobile app and web, generating 500k downloads in its first-round release
- Leveraged subject matter expertise in recommender systems to spearhead Thumbplay's partnership and integration efforts with The Echo Nest, who was later acquired by Spotify for $100M in 2014
- Led development of multi-variant tests that identified multi-platform usage as a key indicator of reduced churn among paying subscribers
- Led music recommendation and discovery features on mobile and desktop, including "Playlist Genie" "Artist Radio" and "Artist Tags"
Sep 2002 - May 2006
Skills & Interests
Huson International Media
2011 - Current
Administration of Office 365, Box, QuickBooks Online, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Document Cloud, Slack, Zoho Campaigns.
- Utilize profiles, role hierarchies, and sharing rules to manage permissions, sharing, and security
- Design and deploy custom objects, fields, layout rules, record types, and dependency fields
- Create and configure custom reports and dashboards for executives and sales team
- Continually review business processes to identify inefficiencies and implement time-saving workflow rules and actions
- Gamification of sales KPI's using Zoho Gamescope
- Research and integrate apps to add functionality and automation
Huson International Media
2004 - 2011
IT and telecoms management for California and New York locations. Creative project management for print, digital, and events.
- Managed multiple corporate websites using Wordpress and Joomla CMS platforms
- Managed development of marketing collateral for sales team across several portfolios including: IT, Electronics, Industrial, Energy, Business, News, Consumer, Fashion, Inflights, and Travel.
- Coordinated and produced print/digital ad campaigns, both domestic and international
- Provided help desk support for offices in California and New York
San Jose State University
Jan 2002 - Current
- Founded company in 2002 and committed to help small businesses succeed. Create print collateral and corporate ID such as logos, stationary, advertising content, and catalogs. Design and develop websites.
- Manage creative process from conceptualization and execution through production. Projects have varied from a website for a music band to a catalog and marketing material for a high-end barbecue grill manufacturer.
- Outline necessary procedures to create intended design. Advise clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets.
May 2015 - Aug 2016
- Deployed a CRM software across multiple global locations resulting in enhanced partner funding, and leading TechShop to launch three new locations (with an additional two, opening in Q4 2016).
- Improved public access to various Tech Shop tools and machinery training sessions through creation of an online and automated education system. Forecasted a 15% revenue gain through online full-service delivery. Saved cost of hiring instructors and occupying space to conduct classes.
- Conducted complete redesign and coding of proprietary member access and control including requirement building, vendor sourcing, and negotiations, thereby allowing three international locations to access system.
- Direct team across design, features, content creation, and hosting/server to develop a new customer-facing website for international locations and to design a new CRM software. Communicate with product owners and project managers to outline requirements, design frames, and clearly define processes. Prepare strategic plans, manage budgets, resolve issues, and keep track of projects’ status at all times.
- Source contractors and cultivate relationships, formulate design and function decisions, translate ideas into product concepts, set deadlines, and manage estimates.
Oct 2010 - May 2015
- Collaborated with Product Development team to create a new product for iOS and Android platforms.
- Boosted customer base by 300%+ and placed Freshtxt in a position of market leadership through intensive marketing campaigns (email blasts, web development, traffic conversion, and print collateral).
- Negotiated directly with Caesar’s Palace casino and successfully established a kiosk-based flagship outlet.
- Contributed significantly to transforming company image through design of new marketing collateral and re-design of tradeshow booth.
Jun 2008 - Oct 2010
- Introduced and built a text-messaging platform (Freshtxt) for restaurants as a first-ever and highly successful product aimed at enhancing productivity, optimizing profits, and improving service. Saved $8K per year for an average customer, with an annual average net gains $14K. Reduced wait time by 10 to 20 minutes and elevated customer satisfaction by 20%.
- Provided service to A-List clients nationwide. Established multiple VIP accounts; i.e.: Hard Rock Café.
- Developed simple and intuitive UX in close coordination with restaurateurs, touted by one restaurant manager as “The best thing since beer on tap” and “revolutionary” by the Training Director of a large chain.
- Negotiated advertising and media buys. Created marketing collateral and tradeshow displays.
- Stayed on board as company was acquired by a Fortune 1000 company (Heartland Payment Systems) in 2010 as part of negotiated contract, for a smooth system handover and client retention.
2003 - 2005
- Designed and developed advertising and collateral materials for a large manufacturing company.
- Strategized and implemented design direction and served as primary contact for clients to assist in comprehending the process.
Citrus Community College
1995 - 1997
Mar 2014 - Current
Marketing and design for non-profit organization fighting sex trafficking in California and the USA
- Entrepreneurial visionary, highly skilled in product development, design, and marketing.
- Proven record of successfully initiating, building, managing, and operating two business ventures, one of which was sold to a Fortune 1000 company.
- Full command of all processes involved in negotiations, regulatory compliance, and risk mitigation efforts.
- Demonstrated success in outlining product specifications, business requirements, and project scope.
- A strategic thinker with an innate understanding of how to package and present a product in order to win commitment and support conducive to scalable, repeatable, and profitable opportunities.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
- Business Development
- Supplier Relations
- Product Planning