Product Data Analyst
Product Data Analyst
Work from Home – US (Excluding Colorado)
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 67473
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
The Role at a Glance
As the Product Data Analyst, you will assist in all facets of product development activities for Defined Contribution Variable Annuity Products. You will gain an understanding of the DC Variable Annuity market, the client needs, the competition and the strengths and gaps in our current product portfolio. You will assist in communicating product priorities, product implementation and take the lead in developing and working with the product pricing actuaries on new products and improvements to existing products, while helping ensure that products meet established targets for product profitability and are competitive in the market.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collaborates with business leaders to recommend and identify the solutions and road map for a suite of current and future Lincoln products and capabilities that span multiple markets, channels, and product structures.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and provides recommendations for new growth opportunities based on competitive intelligence, trends, and retirement plan expertise.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Provides consultation/recommendations for the core positioning, messaging, and sales & marketing tools for the retirement product suite in collaboration with marketing teams.
- Provides operational consultation to assist with client product implementations, ongoing product support, and the creation and maintenance of procedural/training materials.
- Provides progressively more complex P&L analyses to applicable internal stakeholders.
- Provides support to peers and may present/interact with senior management, internal & external stakeholders (including Lincoln Financial Distributors RPS wholesalers), and customer prospects to effectively represent Lincoln’s suite of retirement products
- Serves as a resource for providing education to internal stakeholders on product offerings, functionalities, platform technologies, market competitiveness, and regulatory requirements, e.g., SEC compliance.
- Serves as a resource on progressively more complex product planning, design activities and sales support to ensure various retirement offerings are understood, differentiated, and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) – Minimum Required
- 3 – 5+ Years of experience with retirement products and/or services that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position
- Proven strong experience with Excel and VBA
- Experience with Tableau and SAS a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Work from Home : Employees will work fully from home. Their job will not require the employee to come into the office, unless for special circumstances.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.