Title: Director, Product Management – Subscription and Payments Platform
- Location: United States
- Classifications: Remote
As Director of Product for Subscription & Payments Platform, you will play a key strategic and tactical product leadership role in growing Skillshare’s payments platform globally alongside targeted customer and international growth goals.
This role reports to the VP of Product, where based on critical company objectives, you will partner closely with nearly all functional groups in the company: finance, engineering, data, sales, marketing, design, product, operations, customer support, and our executive management team.
We will rely on your expertise and understanding of international payments to be the product team’s key advocate for building our global payments strategy for growth in distinct markets.
Your strategy will result in a successful roadmap that ladders up successfully, all informed by your extensive industry understanding of the broader fintech and payments landscape.
By being a key technical collaborator with finance and engineering, in particular, you will also serve as the product owner within our growing Payments team, with the expectation that you will be exceptionally autonomous.
Alongside taking in new payments, you will also determine the services, practices, and processes that allow Skillshare to payout royalties to thousands of teachers globally, including related reporting.
Through exceptional technical know-how and data-driven development, you will define, build, test, and ship a comprehensive payments platform that expands Skillshare’s ability to acquire and retain customers worldwide.
What you will do:
- Develop and own Skillshare’s global payments strategy alongside customer and international growth goals.
- Core expertise in and understanding of international payments
- Work closely with finance, engineering, data, sales, marketing, design, product, operations, and customer support teams to develop ongoing, adaptive, industry-leading payments roadmaps
- Define and implement payment platform improvements to ensure a seamless user checkout experience (microservice development, related API support)
- Obsessively monitor payment platform health, leading the charge to triage issues
- Lead third-party integrations (Stripe, PayPal, dLocal, Adyen, Apple iTunes, Google Play) and actively evaluate options in other international markets
- Determine the services, practices, and processes that allow Skillshare to payout royalties to hundreds teachers that teach on our platform internationally, including related reporting
- Ensure consistent alignment between vendors and internal stakeholders
- Steering the cross-team processes to communicate with customers on the status of accounts payments (Dunning, disputes, fraud detection)
Why we are excited about you:
- You have 8+ years of experience in a technical payments-focused product role
- You have robust experience leading teams that have grown payments globally in support of customer-facing subscription and/or marketplace businesses
- You are an expert in all things fintech and payments, and you are ahead of the curve in understanding industry trends and wider industry opportunities
- You are a Stripe wizard
- You have a clear point-of-view on consumer-facing expectations, and have strong empathy for how people choose to pay for things
- You fundamentally understand third party integrations and how to make integrations meet both budget and business expectations
- You’re technical and can talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers – very comfortable communicating complex financial concepts to non-technical teams and leaders across the company
- You obsess over the performance of payments – conversion rates, click-through rates, acceptance rates, error rates, just to name a few metrics that matter to us
- You’re a creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas.
- You have proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Scaling our payments platform is critical to our company’s growth, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring we’re ready to do it well and future-forward
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to define our company’s strategy for payments, and build out a larger team in support of it over timeOur team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Ace Your Application.