Events Marketing Manager, AGC
Job ID: 1685172 | Amazon.com Services LLC
This position can be based in Seattle, WA, Nashville, TN, San Francisco, CA, or remote.
Have you seen the any of the Amazon delivery vehicles driving around your neighborhood? Did you know those drivers actually work for small business owners called Delivery Service Partners that partner with Amazon to deliver packages?
Amazon Global Communities (AGC) builds innovative and engaging community-focused products for external Amazon partners, including the Delivery Service Partner (DSP) community. Small business are critical to many aspects of Amazon’s ecosystem and the AGC team helps these partners be successful by fostering community connections, accelerating learning opportunities, and providing customer feedback mechanisms on program and product initiatives and updates. Our users stretch the entire breadth of Amazon – think Amazon operations, third party sellers, Amazon book authors, Whole Foods grocery store owners – the potential reach of our product is truly limitless.
The Amazon AGC-Events Marketing team is seeking an experienced Events Manager to own highly visible event components. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on the AGC-Events team. In this role you will plan, market, and execute events. Your responsibility as an event expert will include developing the strategy and marketing plans as well as have a keen eye on operationally-focused event components that are virtual and / or in-person.
You will define the goals of program workstream components, manage budget allocations and timelines, and oversee a variety of vendor and venue partners to ensure all stakeholders are working together to deliver a high-quality experience. You will also utilize exceptional communication skills to manage leadership reviews and post event debriefs. The ideal candidate has led a proven history of running events with operational excellence across many program components. This candidate must be strategic, able to lead internal and external teams, flourish in an operational mindset, and understand how to execute effectively and flexibly. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the complete picture. This person will be able to effectively work within a small team, while rolling up their sleeves and getting stuff done – no detail will be too small and they’ll never say “that’s not my job”. They’ll obsess over details, display poise and sophistication in fast-moving situations, embrace ambiguity, and deliver results.
• Contribute to planning, production, and execution of events that are virtual and / or in-person.• Assist in the definition and creation of event goals, while keeping customer needs in mind, to ensure event success.• Serve as event project manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, event promotion and registration, budget management, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.• Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget allocation.• Build and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event trip report.• Work closely with business partners to track and achieve business goals.
If this sounds like an exciting marketing challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- A willingness to travel (as needed), and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- B2B marketing or experiential marketing experience.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Proven track record of continually advocating on behalf of your internal and external customers.
- Decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross-functional teams in different geographies and business units.
- A strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done.
- Strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks while thinking big and outside the box.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Ace Your Application.