Lead Product Designer
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer (UI and UX) to help us with our next phase of growth. You have an attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into a story that resonates with our target customers through compelling forms of design. You are confident enough to share and sell your ideas, and perceptive enough to know when to encourage others to share theirs, with a passion for collaboration. You thrive on combining analytical, data-driven analyses and decision-making with intuitive, emotional, inspiring design, providing holistic vision with an eye on business results. You are driven to make an awesome first impression and every impression thereafter a great one. You are eager to dive into a complex space and shape the way people see and hear our brand and product through design that attracts, inspires, and engages.
In this role you will:
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions to design challenges of all sizes by translating research insights and company feature goals into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints
- Closely collaborate with internal and external product, engineering and design teams in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process
- Translate product goals into wireframes and then highly-polished visual comps with attention to interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines
- Work with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
We are looking for:
- 5+ years experience shipping products in the B2B SaaS enterprise space
- Proficiency in design software (Eg: Figma, Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Framer, etc)
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Proficiency in insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior). Ability to synthesize complex information in easy to use, intuitive designs for our clients
- Strong design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Understand how to work collaboratively and navigate complex relationships throughout different parts of the organization with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to rationalize and defend design decisions
- Ability to both provide and receive design criticism constructively, and appreciation for its importance within the design process
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Proficiency designing for all devices and platforms
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
Bonus Points For:
- Experience designing enterprise SaaS products in the Fintech space
- UX Writing
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Weekly company-wide “all hands” meetings
- Virtual weekly happy hours, sometimes casual and other times with a focus around topics like racial discrimination and LGBTQ+ history
- Employee care packages to make WFH more enjoyable
About Zest AI:
Zest AI has been perfecting AI for consumer lending decisions since 2009. Our Model Management System helps lenders make better decisions and better loans—increasing revenue, reducing risk, and automating compliance. Our mission is to make fair and transparent credit available to everyone and our software creates some of the most inclusive risk models in the industry. Using Zest-built machine learning software, financial institutions can dramatically expand credit access to deserving people with no added risk. Learn more at Zest.ai and connect with us on Twitter @Zest_AI or our Insights blog.
Zest is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourages professionals from underrepresented groups in technology and financial services to apply.
Ace Your Application.