Tools, and Design Systems for both internal, and external audiences.
Analytics, Machine Learning, Anomaly Detection, Observability, Testability, Deployment, Data Security, Collaboration, and Productivity domains.
Founder and lead of Airbnb’s Indigenous ERG since 2016.
Key contributor, Salesforce Einstein Analytics for Desktop, Native, and Watch.
Member of the Lightning Design Language System Team.
As a lead product designer at Digital Intent, I have worked on leading several projects with various clients and portfolio companies. Working on creating brand standards, design systems, rebrands, and building sites and apps for clients such as Chicago Bulls, Hellolori.com, Eat Purely, Magna Health, and Cora Home.
I also lead several brand and design sprints to kick off projects and start on the same page and collect the information I needed to accomplish the task.
My role at OneStaff Medical is to work on creating a cohesive and thought out design system. Giving the nurses the best experience when looking for a traveling nurse assignment. Working on the digital but also internally on the culture and training for recruiters.
- Rebrand of the OneStaff Medical Logo
- Redesigned the "Browse Jobs" page resulting in double the amount of apps weekly
- Managed and curated social media accounts ( Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram )
- Created brand standards and design system for design and development team
I went back to Mutual of Omaha for a short stint to work with their team on working on their Design System and creating a structure and educate the team on the need and importance.
- Facilitated 15 Google design sprints
- Facilitated 5 workshops involved around surfacing issues with the design system
- Work on the UX/UI of 4.0 of the design system
My responsibilities as Product Designer is to create intuitive and user focused design to the newly updated platform of Swappa.com. I also play a key role in all of their marketing and brand collateral.
- Key player in the rebrand of Swappa and Swappa.com that launched Q1 of 2018
- Redesigned homepage & site navigation for introduction of gaming to the Swappa Marketplace
- Redesigned the product listing process for gaming
- Created illustrations and various marketing material
- Design visual and interaction of Staff Picks that will be introduced in Q2 of 2018
I was responsible for creating user focused designs for internal and external use. Working closely with other designers, developers, content strategists, as well as technology and business partners. Creating responsive interactive web / mobile / tablet application concepts and bringing them to completion.
- Introduced and facilitated 15+ Google Design Sprints with Mutual of Omaha and their marketing / innovation team.
- Lead visual designer on Mutual of Omaha style guide
- Lead visual designer on the redesign of MutualofOmaha.com
- Lead visual designer on the redesign of the Mutual Of Omaha Intranet
- Bringing the Mutual of Omaha design standards to be ADA compliant
During my time at Hayneedle I was a lead product designer. Working cross-funtionally with various parts of the business. Creating sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and final product. I was also involved with conducting user interviews, user testing, and studying analytics to try and create the best user experience possible.
- Creating a mobile shopping experience
- Redesigning the header / navigation and creating a 20% increase in sales
- Creating the Holiday season shopping experience for 2013-2015
- Upgrade to various areas of the site to increase SEO
- Creating backend UX / UI for various merchandising and discount tools
- Redesigning the cart to consolidate cart and checkout
- Creating a favorites feature to their shopping experience
My role as senior interactive designer was to work heavily with the UX / Product design team. Creating a style guide and site elements such as fields, buttons, and icons.
I was also heavily involved with email and online marketing materials, coding responsive emails, and working on various branding and design projects.
Leading a team of one junior interactive designer and two marketing designers.
- Built a style guide for the design and tech team to follow on site
- Created branding for several Hayneedle house brands
- Created the marketing and site material for both 2013 & 2014 Holiday season
- Concepted and executed 2 pre-roll video campaigns for YouTube
- Designed and created several responsive marketing email campaigns
Squad Studio, Lead Designer
I was involved on all levels of projects while working at Squad. Project management, client communication, as well as concept and creating various websites.
- Designing the desktop and mobile website for John Mayer's 2008 Summer tour
- Designed and developed the online e-commerce store for Epitaph Records
- Designed and developed the redesign of Koch Records
- Various logo and apparel designs for bands like Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, and more.
I have been freelancing since 2003. After my year in Seattle in 2008, I spent the next 5 years freelancing full time. Working with various companies, ad agencies, and nationally known bands.
- Designed the merchandise for Lady Gaga's Monster Ball Tour
- Created an internal social networking platform for NBC / Universal employees
- Created illustrations for the NikeTown in downtown Chicago
- Designed countless logos and apparel for artists like Bruno Mars, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, FUN, and more
- Creating the branding and UX / UI for the college tutoring app Wizzi
Grand Island Senior High, High School Diploma General Education
- Adobe Suite
- Sublime Text
My primary focus at HappyMoney has been Growth Design. To accomplish this I have put several growth levers into place, built new alliances between designers and the rest of the org, and obsessed over our users.
- Crafted a Growth Design Strategy that positioned Design as a lever for Growth. The strategy is aligned to company OKRs, nimble, and takes a phased approach.
- Put experimentation at the forefront of Design. This shift in culture would take strong partnerships with Data, Product, Eng, and others. We now have a best-in-class experimentation vehicle that we use to rapidly deploy and measure with.
- Partnered with our former VP of Growth Marketing to refresh our landing page strategy. I would propose and successfully lead the adoption of Instapage. This would breathe new life into our highest converting channels and gives the team a no-code way to deploy, test, and roll out landing pages.
Primary designer for the Ads & Monetization unit at this veteran cannabis technology company.
- Design planning, management, and reporting tools that make the complex seem simple
- Innovate, prototype, test, and scale new forms of advertising across WM retail surfaces
- Advocate for relevant ad targeting practices that respect peoples intentions and context
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Legal, Data, Product, and Engineering to deliver thoughtful experiences
- Conduct A/B experiments, usability tests, tree tests, design sprints and more.
Design lead on a cross-functional product team aimed at creating delightful experiences for home buyers and sellers.
- Lead strategic cross-disciplinary product sprints with measurable outcomes
- Communicate and collaborate on design decisions with a board of stakeholders
- Measure & identify growth opportunities for companies KPI's and product usability with end users
- Core contributor and advocate for our new design system
- Facilitate design workshops and drive user research into design decisions
Led the creative direction for a global market leader in the Calibrations Industry.
- Established a brand identity that effectively reflected the company's values
- Spanned design disciplines from product photography to content strategy to application design
- Worked closely with stakeholders, leadership, and a cross-functional team
- Successfully communicated and presented product direction with detailed designs, design rationale, market research, and user feedback
- Architected a unique design system with custom components, patterns, and more
Lead designer at a top design agency in San Diego. Produced exceptional digital and physical experiences for brands such as American Red Cross, HotSprings Spas, and local businesses.
- Managed, recruited, and mentored the design talent
- Worked within a SCRUM based design and development process
- Crafted beautiful and functional designs while staying within each clients guidelines
- Juggled several client campaigns at once to deliver high quality and on time results
Advanced software engineering immersive program.
- Growth Design
- Data Analysis
- Roadmap & Strategy
- End-to-end Design
May 2021 - Current
As a founding member of the Digital Product team, I established a user-centeric design process and developed team culture. I championed user needs while partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to execute across a range of business objectives. I owned the design process and contributed to the strategy of eCommerce initiatives like Send-A-Surprise, Gift Cards, and Lovepop’s first design system.
Aug 2020 - Apr 2021
I supported the Platform design team in designing end-to-end solutions for all DraftKings users by collaborating with stakeholders and testing designs iteratively. I focused on consumer-facing responsive web experiences and native mobile applications. Internally, I enhanced tools and processes to better serve the organization. I also contributed to Arena, the DraftKings design system.
Oct 2019 - Jul 2020
I owned the design process for several product teams and partnered with customers to understand their needs in order to ship customer solutions like instant phone meetings, enterprise integrations with Zoom and Slack, enhancements to the iOS/Android applications, & weekly user experience updates. I also contributed to Tide, the Drift design system.
Sep 2016 - Oct 2019
As a founding member of the Digital Experience team, I worked on solving a range of business objectives that spanned iOS, Android, iPadOS, responsive web, NFC technology, & VUI (Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa). I was lead on many eCommerce initiatives, mentored other designers, and played a key role in establishing Panera’s omnichannel digital design language.
Jun 2015 - Sep 2016
I served as the bridge between The Studio (in-house agency) and Labs product teams. I supported 3 cross-functional agile teams as the sole designer, shipping tools for teachers to manage their group prior to departing on an educational travel trip. I also provided UX guidance on assigned Studio projects.
Oct 2015 - Feb 2016
I was a teaching assistant for a part-time 12 week UX Design class (UXD-BOS-09). I reviewed course content, facilitated exercises and activities to encourage hands-on learning, mentored students, and organized office hours for one-on-one coaching.
Aug 2021 - Current
Joined the On Deck Design Fellowship (ODD2). On Deck is a continuous community for experienced designers who want to accelerate their careers and become confident leaders through professional development and access to a trusted network of peers.
Mar 2015 - May 2015
Graduated with the UXDI-BOS-02 cohort.
Sep 2009 - May 2014
Graduated Cum Laude, Chapter President of Psi Chi.
Feb 2017 - Current
Co-founded Paycove - a saas invoicing integration for CRMs.
- Responsible for UX, UI and messaging across the entire marketing site and app
- Implemented a front-end framework and developed a custom theme (UI Kit)
- Implemented basic changes in Laravel & Vue.js on a daily basis
- Setup analytics tools (Heap, Fullstory, GA) to monitor trends and analyze data via custom reports
- Researched, developed and presented growth strategies to the team
- Gathered feedback from customers on a daily basis (email, live customer support chat, video calls)
- Developed and maintained relationships with current and future integration partners (Pipedrive, Hubspot, PipelineDeals)
Nov 2017 - Jan 2018
Nov 2011 - Jul 2015
- Responsible for the success of large-scale web and interface projects
- Conducted research, strategy development, concept development and product definition
- Produced innovative digital designs
- Successfully applied interaction design principles and research to business problems
- Presented designs, maintained client partnership and conducted excellent visual/verbal communication
Sep 2010 - Jul 2011
- Lead designers in the creation of assets, screen layouts, UI designs and conceptualizations.
- Generated and mocked up various art directions for an array of clients
- Adhered to brand guidelines for all client projects
- Conducted QA for technical/product documents and digital applications
- Maintained good client relations through professionalism in all functions
Feb 2010 - May 2010
Worked with the founder and creative director to develop various brand identity concepts for a leading art gallery in NYC.
Sep 2008 - Feb 2009
One of the largest independent photo agencies in the world.
- Design of all creative assets for e-mail and print marketing
- Led print design of Retna's company calendar
- Development of interactive flash based promotional advertising
May 2008 - Aug 2009
- Led the design of all marketing, presentation and event materials.
- Developed branding and identities for various music festivals.
- Designed vehicle wraps for cross country promotional campaigns.
Ramapo College of NJ
Sep 2007 - May 2010
Nov 2015 - Current
Baker's Batch put's indie products in the hands of bakers to create unique content at an affordable price. Grew Instagram account to 10k+ followers. Created and executed sales strategy, managed content creators and ran social media campaigns via Baker's Batch social channels.
- User Experience Designer
- User Interface Designer
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Information Architecture
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Project Management
- Responsive Design
- Mobile App Design