Lifecycle Email Specialist
We’re looking for a creative and collaborative Lifecycle Email Specialist to join the team. Reporting to me, you will help us run, update, and develop new email campaigns driving the acquisition, conversion and retention of Customer.io subscribers, promote our product features, and serve as a channel expert for the wider company. Much of this role writing emails with an eye to making sure that customers can understand where they are in their journey with our product and communicating concisely and humanly.
- Creative Lifecycle Campaign Development: Develop and own new strategic campaigns, tactical plans, and creative to maximize customer acquisition, conversion, engagement, retention, and winback opportunities via email.
- Optimization: Drive improvement across email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, retention and product feature adoption.
- Reporting: Contribute meaningful reports and analyses. Translate analytical findings into clear, easily understandable, actionable insights that drive strong business strategy.
- 0-3 years of experience, either in writing, product work, or another related field (we love different backgrounds).
- Multidisciplinary: Can or willing to learn how to create content, analyze data, and manage projects in service of effective campaigns.
- Creative: Loves to think outside the box. Can ideate on interesting ways to engage the customer, has a strong point of view, and can communicate that vision within our brand and values.
- Service-oriented and customer-focused: Thoughtful marketer that can view their work through the lens of different audiences to craft authentic and personalized messages. Is willing to learn how to think with a product mindset towards how to get customers engaged with our product. Basically, you’ve got to be able to really put yourself in someone else’s shoes.
- Data-informed: Analytical skills are preferred and experience working with data is great. You’ve got to have good judgment about what will drive email campaign ideation and business results.
- Collaborative: A proactive partner who can work within and across different teams and can clearly communicate their perspectives while soliciting information and sign-off needed to execute effective campaigns on timelines. Writing and creating emails at our company is a team sport, and you’ve got be able to know how to both give and receive feedback.
- Detail-oriented: You know that beauty is in the small, ordinary things.
- Must have at least 5 hours of overlapping work time with EDT/UTC-4 timezone.
- Skilled at, or excited to learn, some of these tools: HTML/CSS, SQL, copywriting.
- Fluency in English is required. You don’t need to be a native speaker, but you do need to write well.
- International experience is a bonus.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $72,000 – $80,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
Ace Your Application.