Manager of Coaching Sales – Career Coaching Services
KEY RESULTS AREAS (HOW TO KNOW IF YOU’RE WINNING):
- You’re exceeding our company goals every month for number of clients we earn the opportunity to support.
- You’re creating a “best in world” experience for our clients –
- You’re making our processes more effective – At every step you are measurably improving the process. Whether this is shortening the overall time it takes to create a proposal for our potential clients OR improving our materials to better answer questions
OTHER SIGNALS THAT YOU’RE DOING WELL:
- You’re raising the % of people that we work with (close rate) and the % of people that we actively turn down (not a fit rate)
- All the rest of the people on the team are getting compliments and emails
In this contract coach position you will be working closely with myself (CEO), our Client Success Manager and our Coaching team to help our students and clients transform their lives by changing careers to what they really want to be doing for work. You will also be continuously interacting with clients thru calls, membership site, and email (although we try to keep out of email as much as possible).
We are the best in the world at what we do and obviously our career coaches are no exception.
A SMALL SAMPLING OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Coaching and Advising our potential clients about our Career
- Change Bootcamp program AND custom coaching programs (and what is right for them):
- Clarify strengths, Determine what they want in life, and the technical “how to” of career changes (connecting with potential employers, how to have conversations, how to stand out, interviewing etc) Overcome mindset challenges
- Negotiate their offer to get paid what they want (and even beyond what the client wants)
- Mock Interviews, Resume/CV Feedback and Revision
- Removing mental barriers and blocks
- Meeting with our readers and listeners that have requested to talk to a career coach to find out what services we offer. (We offer an array of services and programs and coaching might not always be right and meeting with a career coach is an important part of the new client process)
- Helping new coaching clients and working with them to achieve their goals (again focusing on results).
- supporting through multiple modalities (Zoom, phone, email, Facebook, LinkedIn, text message etc.)
- Participating with the team in marketing/promotion events like podcast episodes or webinars.
- Teaching others how to get clear on what they want from life, their strengths AND how to hack their career changes.
- Supporting our Clients and Students with anything they need (we don’t have “Customer Service” people, you are that person!). Sometimes this means dropping a supportive text in the evening to a client and other times this might mean rearranging your schedule the next day to do negotiation coaching with a client who’s just received a job offer. We change how we help to respond to what our clients need.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a background in sales and understands all the psychology behind sales (but wants to use their experience for good). You don’t want to do traditional sales with hard closes, annoying follow-up and instead you want to serve and help real people.
- Already is doing coaching or consulting:! You are doing coaching in some form or another!
- Teaching other people gets you excited: You get little tingles when you think about the possibility of helping people get to work that they love doing. When you get off the phone or you can’t stop smiling from the conversation! It makes you feel good helping people learn how to get where they want to go.
- You get annoyed when people make excuses: But you also have a soft spot for people who are willing to help themselves and you feel deeply obligated to those people once you commit to helping them make a change.
- Knows what the inside of an applicant tracking system looks like or how it operates: You understand what happens after someone applies to a job AND what hiring managers are actually looking for (and the conversations that happen behind the scenes when their deciding on which candidates to hire or interview).
- People tell you stuff that they don’t tell anyone else: You probably hear from friends, clients, and random people you get into conversation with “I don’t think I’ve ever told that to anybody before.” People find it easy to trust you. You understand this and know how to leverage that trust to help them. People come to you because of how you help them and the way you make them feel.
- You find solutions: You can’t help it, when something goes wrong you have a “I will figure this out” mentality about you!
- You’re ready to scream if you see another site teaching you how to write the perfect resume and better apply online: We mostly help people that make big sweeping career changes, this doesn’t come from sending a billion applications off into the interwebz. If that’s news to you or you disagree with that statement, PLEASE DON’T apply!
- You understand marketing, sales and building relationships.
- You love how we roll as a company: Not everybody will, we’re ok with that – Want to figure out if you MUST work with us? Here’s a couple cheats – Read back to front (or front to back if you prefer) our High Performers guide to career change at https://happentoyourcareer.com/how-to-career-change-guide/ or you can listen to it on any podcast player by searching “Career Change for High Performers” on the podcast player of your choice (we highly recommend stitcher).
Role Requirements (The stuff you must have):
- Have successfully sold many different products and services – a guide is 5+ years. It’s less about the number of years and more about having enough experience to recognize the human psychology behind interactions where people are buying products and services.
- You must have worked with executives in the past (preferably lots of execs, but as a solid substitute, being an exec yourself or working directly with execs in another area could work)
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal oversight (we like to trust our people AND also expect insane results.
- Must be comfortable developing and working in a virtual relationship, and having a limited amount of in person face-time.
- Already are very familiar with our brand and what we stand for (not yet familiar? Check out the podcast here pick 10 episodes https://happentoyourcareer.com/podcast/
- Able to work remotely, with own computer and Internet access.
- This is a 100% REMOTE POSITION (with only very very occasional travel to meet with the rest of our team… like 2-3 times a year)
Non-Requirements (this means Bonus Points if you have them):
- If you have a coaching certification (like ICF certification) or have coached professionally in any environment. Worked with lots of different industries, ages, types of jobs etc. (Variety is appreciated, our students and clients come from all backgrounds).
- Have made lots of big career changes yourself.
- You know and use Clifton Strengths Finder 2.0. – You’ve used scrum, kaizen, or agile work methodologies. (We use these for helping our clients progress and for our own company work)
This is a 100% remote work project position. The only exception to this is we will get the entire team together several times each year (usually 2-3) partially because we actually like each other, and partially because it’s important to do certain types of work in person.
IF ALL OF THIS sounds like you, go to: https://happentoyourcareer.com/careers for all info and apply there directly. Otherwise we will ignore it. Fo Sho!!
Ace Your Application.