Sales Manager Resume Examples
Global Enterprise Sales Leader
2020 - Current
- Following my success in previous roles and markets, taking on a new challenge focused on developing a market which we believe had great growth potential.
- Starting with a team of 6 AEs in Vancouver and Toronto
- Maintaining responsibility for Slack's Higher Education team and vertical
2017 - 2020
- Grew and lead an amazing team of up to 13 Enterprise Account Executives
- Scaled Enterprise West ARR and ACV by 100%+ YoY in FY18 and FY19
- Over 10 Quarters, delivered an average performance of 113% of aggressive quotas.
- Established and grew the Slack for Higher Education & Nonprofits program bringing on customers like MIT, Harvard, ASU and Oregon State.
2016 - 2017
- Founding member of Slack's APAC go-to-market team
- Built and lead our Sales, Customer Success & Solutions Engineering team of 8 based in Australia and Japan
- In 18 months, supported regional revenue growth of 273% to over $25M in ARR
2014 - 2016
- One of Slack's first three sales people
- Helped define team processes, tooling, and product positioning
- Lead the initial configuration and customizations of our Salesforce instance
2014 - 2014
- Built and lead a four person team responsible for the strategic development and growth of Mobify's partnerships, alliances and channel revenue globally.
- Governed all partner related activities, enablement, and co-sell processes.
- Recruited and on-boarded new services partners, including IBM and OSF Global Services.
- Managed Mobify's strategic alliances with technology partners, including Demandware and Jive.
2013 - 2014
2011 - 2013
The University of British Columbia
2016 - Current
Regional sales and key account manager for global photo and sporting goods accessories company
- Responsible for managing and growing $3m western U.S. region, 150+ accounts
- Manage key accounts including Cabela's, Fry's Electronics, Sportsman's Warehouse, Academy
- Manage photo specialty, sporting goods and buy group accounts
- Manage team of outside sales reps
- Manage customer events, trade shows
Manfrotto Distribution Inc.
2014 - 2016
Sales manager for photo specialty accounts at industry leading photo and video accessories company
- Responsible for managing and growing $2m territory for Manfrotto (SoCal, Arizona, Nevada)
- Managed photo specialty and key accounts (Samy's Camera)
- Managed customer events, trade shows (photo specialty and cinema/broadcast)
- Coordinated with other Vitec Group companies in the region to deepen partnerships
- Coordinated with other vendors to create joint events and programs for accounts
- Grew territory sales 40% year over year
2010 - 2013
Global manager of reseller channel for disruptive cinema accessories startup
- Responsible for managing and growing $7m global partner channel
- Managed key accounts including B&H Photo Video, Adorama, Samy's Camera, Vistek, Teltec
- Managed trade shows, training, and customer events
- Co-created onboarding process for new partners
2008 - 2010
Customer service manager for disruptive cinema accessories startup
- Managed service department, including troubleshooting, service communications, case management, documentation
- Designed scalable support processes during a period of dramatic growth
- Supervised the launch window of 15+ professional products, including the microMattebox and the first professional filmmaking equipment for DSLR cinema cameras
- Produced support website, videos and documentation
- Managed company support online presence
2007 - 2008
Call center specialist for online calendars website
- Completed sales calls for Calendars.com and San Francisco Music Box Company during holiday season
- Resolved customer support calls
- Responded to customer sales and support emails
Apr 2005 - Sep 2007
- Crewed feature, short, spec and student projects in Texas and Louisiana
- Managed grip/electric teams up to 7
- Crewed productions up to $2m
- Managed equipment purchase and setup for productions
Full Sail University
2004 - 2005
Graduated from accelerated production-focused film and TV program with 99% attendance and 3.44 GPA.
University of Houston
2002 - 2003
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Indesign, Premiere)
- Final Cut Studio
- Trade Shows
- Film and Television Production
- Netsuite CRM and Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
Technology Sales Manager
Jan 2017 - Current
Eduvault is an independent community where schools can compare and review technology solutions. The aim of the site is to help schools make better procurement decisions by having free access to the unbiased product information. I identified a need for this type of platform, created the concept, found developers to build the site, raised capital, signed up vendors and marketed to end users.
Jun 2016 - Current
Mobile Guardian is an MDM solution which helps schools, and parents manage and monitor mobile devices. Originally an App for parents, I worked with Mobile Guardian as a consultant to help them target the education market. 6 months later I joined the company in a formal capacity and am responsible for selling in to UK LEA's, MSP's and US Districts.
- Top performing sales person by sales, value and ROI
- Designed and implemented sales strategy for Local Government
- Trained sales staff
- Self-Generated Opportunities
- Worked with Distributers and Partners both in the US and the UK
Nov 2015 - Dec 2016
Extrados is a company which I set up in order to provide sales services from anywhere as I traveled across the world. The primary goal of the company was to provide 'feet on the ground' sales to companies who wanted target new markets where they didn't already have a presence.
- Worked with companies in four different countries
- Trained sales staff
- developed channel models
- provided direct sales
Jul 2011 - Nov 2015
Smoothwall are a UK based web filtering vendor who specialise on solutions for the Public Sector. I started at the company as a cold caller targeted with helping them breaking into the Local Authority Market and left as Government Sales Manager running a team of six people including entry level staff and senior sales professionals.
- Consistantly top 3 sales person
- Grew company to become Local Government market leaders
- 90%+ customer retention rate
- Managed multi-million pound tenders
- Worked with some of the UK's largest public sector ISP's
- Created companies most profitable sales team
- Hired and trained sales staff
Nov 2010 - Jul 2011
Webroot is a cloud based security provider, who at the time focussed on web and email filtering for businesses. I was selected by Webroot following a Pareto Law assessment day. I worked in a lead generation role arranging meetings and webinars for senior sales staff.
- Generated over $1.2 million in closed won opportunities for account managers
- Promoted to manage large-scale opportunities
- Developed marketing campaigns
University of Leeds
2007 - 2010
- Direct and Channel Sales
- Sales Strategy
- Sales Training
- Web Filtering
- UK Public Sector Market
- US Education Market
- Education Technology