Location: Anywhere in the World; 100% Remote
Meowtel – Marketing Manager Full-Time Role
We are Meowtel.com, the #1 cat sitting app in the U.S. and we’re on a mission to help every cat and cat parent live their best life!
We are looking for a self-motivated and pawsitive Marketing Manager to join our leadership team to build brand awareness and boost conversion. We are a dedicated team with a do-er mentality but most importantly…we love cats. We will give preference to candidates based in the Greater SF/Bay Area, but we’re a remote-first company and will consider applications from anywhere in the world.
About the Work
As a Meowtel Marketing Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage the Internet’s favorite animal to tell our story and how we deliver our purrfect hospitality during each Meowtel reservation. This role is fast-paced, requires a significant amount of multi-tasking, and excellent communication skills are a must. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn and ready to take full ownership of this function to deliver results.
We’re a remote-first team, spanning coast to coast in the US and all the way down to Argentina. We collaborate and work together primarily through Slack, along with several weekly team calls over Zoom. We love emojis, cat GIFs, happy hours (“happy meowers”), and work-life balance. We offer unlimited paid time off and remind one another to take vacations. We treat our own kitties as if they’re an extension of the team, with lots of stories and photos being shared on a regular basis.
As a startup, we don’t have unlimited resources, but we’ll do our best to offer you a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for results-driven bonuses. As we grow, so can you.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Develop our content strategy and oversee the production/development of each piece.
- Use analytics across all channels/platforms to set objectives and measure marketing performance.
- Identify and test new user acquisition channels – hopefully you love TikTok!
- Conduct user research and interview both Meowtel customers and sitters.
- Manage campaigns (partnerships, advertising, etc).
- Manage social networks.
- Plan Meowtel-related events for our community and lead our participation in industry events (CatCon).
- Establish strategic partnerships with companies and brands who can add value to our community.
- Plan, procure, and maintain all social and creative assets in an organized manner.
We’re looking for meow-keting gurus who have at least 2 years of experience under their belt and who are highly analytical and results-driven.
- You have a track record of successfully building a brand, a social following, or an online community.
- You’re curious as a cat and not afraid to test and fail; you learn from each opportunity.
- You stay up-to-date on social. You know current trends and best practices across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- You have experience using Google Analytics and get excited about spreadsheets to track and measure performance.
- You love to immerse yourself in the user experience and listen to what customers have to say.
- You have very high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to schedules.
- You are results-oriented, thrive in a challenging environment, and can work autonomously.
You can expect a hands-on onboarding and training process during your first two weeks followed by on-going support, check-ins, and collaboration. We’re building Meowtel to be the leader in cat services, and we want you to grow with us.
This is a remote, full-time position but our preference is for candidates who can work alongside us at our Embarcadero office (SF) a few times each month.
Pay & Benefits:
Our compensation package will be competitive for where you live, or where you spend most of your time. We offer unlimited paid time off to all employees and contractors, subject to your manager’s approval.
For our full-time employees in the US, you’ll be eligible to receive health/dental/vision insurance through United Healthcare and participate in a 401k match.
Applicants outside of the US will be offered a contractor role.
How To Apply:
Please submit your application by Wednesday, September 21st 2022 at 9pm PST. We’ll review all applications on a rolling basis and extend interview offers by September 28th. Interviews will take place early October and will consist of a a first-round interview with our Founder and CEO, a second-round case study interview, and a third-round interview with our Co-Founder and CTO.
We’ll be in communication with you throughout the process so you know where you stand at all times.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and a woman-led company; we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Ace Your Application.