Title: Observability – Principal Product Manager – Kubernetes Monitoring
Location: Distributed, Global
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, Logs, and Uptime solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how do we store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how do we present this information to the user, how do we correlate and enhance across data sources, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a Product Manager responsible for Kubernetes within the Observability team, you’ll be responsible for taking our Kubernetes and CNCF ecosystem integrations to the next level, right from directly impacting leading what we instrument, what data we collect, from directly impacting the roadmap of Kubernetes to providing out of the box content (e.g. dashboards, alerts, etc.) to working with Kubernetes providers and finally leading our K8 observability go to market strategy. If you’re passionate about driving MTTR on cloud native stack towards zero, this job is for you!
You would be working on
- Define product vision and go-to-market strategy for Kubernetes
- Work with engineers and designers to define and deliver compelling UX for full stack observability for Kubernetes
- Drive roadmap priorities by working with customers, internal teams, and the community
- Work with our technology partner team to identify opportunities to build and promote Kubernetes observability
- Define and track KPIs focused on Kubernetes observability adoption
- Enable sales, marketing, and partners to speak effectively to Kubernetes observability use case
- Be the public spokesperson for Elastic cloud native infrastructure Observability at internal and external events
What you bring along
- At minimum five years in a Product Management role with specific focus on enterprise infrastructure observability
- At minimum two years of experience with Kubernetes and other CNCF technologies
- Deep expertise in the enterprise infrastructure software products and leading vendors, both from a technical and strategic standpoint
- Experience scoping and defining requirements for large number of smaller scoped projects
- Experience with building visualizations and dashboards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Experience with organizing and scaling market places, app stores, and communities around it a plus
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack is a plus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Ace Your Application.