Title: Principal UX Designer
- Location: Remote
About the role
Our UX team has a unique opportunity to help elevate RealSelf as a brand and create experiences our customers will eventually thank us for. You will be a thought leader and a visionary design contributor in both the B2C & B2B spaces delivering on our company mission to create a world where every investment in modern beauty is Worth It.
The Principal UXD who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment. You will play a critical role in building beautiful, smart, world-class experiences for millions of cosmetic customers across the globe. This full-time position reports to the Senior UX Manager.
- Drive conception, alignment, and evangelism of large-scale projects across multiple spaces and teams. Plus lead design experience design for 2 product teams.
- Influence across all organization levels (including executive leadership) to gain buy-in for strategic concepts and designs that enable customers to achieve their core objectives.
- Utilize qual & quant data to inform solutions through a user-centered design approach. Work with PM/engineers to communicate your solutions, understand limitations, balance quality & speed. Recommend prioritization based on customer impact, business needs, and technical constraints.
- Generate discovery insights, sketches, flows, IA, journey maps, proto personas, wireframes, and prototypes. Your deliverables will clearly communicate the experience strategy/rationale balancing high-level innovation with the ability to deliver tangible results.
- Partner, evolve, expand our RS Design System MVP. Help guide the design team to develop new patterns & optimize Figma integration points. Collaborate with Marketing on additional systems within a system (iconography/Illustrations/photography)
- Partner, evolve, expand on design processes & best practices.
- Stay on top of industry trends, innovative approaches, inspire, guide, mentor.
You may be the right fit if you have
- 10+ years of experience as a UXD with a demonstrable history in designing complex solutions.
- You’ve owned strategy/research/design end-to-end. You’ve demonstrated experience identifying and evangelizing innovative yet simple solutions. Your launches are high quality and have a positive impact on core customer & business outcomes.
- A solid online portfolio showcasing deep knowledge in user-centered design thinking, including VisD stylistic breadth, attention to detail balanced with beauty, and usability.
- You have sharp hard skills balanced with a highly creative mind.
- You’re a curious, critical, holistic thinker. You are proactive & transparent.
- You have a strong understanding of research methodologies, task building, facilitation, and trending insights.
- Excellent communication, presentation, storytelling skills advocating for the customer. You’re equally able to digest input, feedback & criticism objectively & with humility.
- A highly collaborative team player balanced with independence.
- Ability to work in a rapid test & learn, agile, performance-driven environment. You experiment often, fail fast, and optimize solutions using AB testing methodology.
- Pluses include experience in responsive web, native app, Figma, React & Storybook.
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
This fully remote role is open to candidates in most states within the U.S. RealSelf is a Seattle-based company; working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our RealSelf Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about at RealSelf.
RealSelf values and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ace Your Application.