Title: Principal UX/ Product Designer, Consumer – US Remote
Location: Waltham, MA, US, 02451Brand: VistaDepartment: Design/UXShift Type: UNITED STATESFacility: WalthamJob Description:
Who We Are:
Vista is in the midst of an ambitious transformation to become the expert design and marketing partner for small businesses. Vista’s Experience Design team creates customer experiences that deliver on this promise. We imagine the future, make the possibilities real, instill confidence and pride, and inspire small businesses to bring their unique visions to life.
The Consumer Design team at Vista will be a multidisciplinary collective of experts who are all focused on providing the best consumer experience. We invent, create, iterate on, and improve every event in a consumers lives from weddings to birthdays to holidays. Our goal is to protect the existing core of the consumer experience while we expand for more.
What we value:
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Delivering unparalleled value and benefit to our customers while delivering on business goals
- Thinking about to entire customer journeyacross every touch point
- Being curious and thinking broadly about the possibilities before narrowing on a solution
- Being data-inspired and running smart experiments
- Being creatively bold
What You Will Do:
As a Principal Product/UX Designer for the Consumer cross-functional team, you will define the future of consumer. Consumer is in need of an overhaul and this role will be the strategic design partner. You will:
- Define, design, and test experiences that allow us to protect the core of the consumer experience while we expand for more in order to facilitate Vista’s digital transformation.
- Translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, business requirements, and technical considerations into end-to-end multi-touchpoint experiences.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with product, engineering, data, and content partners to craft scalable experiences that achieve near-term goals and inform the long-term vision.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across the organization to facilitate and drive alignment, customer-centricity, and high-quality output.
- Collaborate with design partners to contribute experience patterns to the Vista design system and to establish a shared design dialogue.
- Mentor and influence collaborators in best practices for human-centered design.
- 8+ years’ experience working as a Principal Product/UX Designer within a digital, design environment (agency and/or in-house) for a tech/retail/consumer brand
- Track record of producing data-informed, effective experiences that deliver measurable outcomes for the customer and the business
- Track record of forging strong partnerships and collaborating with cross-functional peers and stakeholders
- Strong analytical, critical, strategic, and systems thinking
- Ability to create multiple design approaches and articulate your design rationale based on data, insights, collaboration, and intuition
- Ability to drive the right outcomes, at the right time, at the right altitude, with appropriate design artifacts including diagrams, maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and specs
- Strong convictions, loosely held
- Strong attention to detail
- A growth mindset
Nice to Haves:
- Relevant degree in the field of design or HCI
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience in growth design
- Experience in emotional design
- Interest in emerging technologies, extended intelligence, and anticipatory design
In 2021, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy, and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers everyone to be their best and most brilliant self. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it’s safe to do so or believe in-office working will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 20 US States as well as several countries in Europe: Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
Ace Your Application.