We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Product Design Manager to lead a team of designers in collaboration with front end developers, software engineers, marketing, and product owners to develop and lead the direction of product areas on a large ecommerce site.
Check out some of our design team's recent work on Instagram: @webstaurantdesignAs a Product Design Manager you will:
- Mentor and coach team members to deliver best user experience
- Recruit and work with leads to grow, mentor, and establish your team
- Be responsible for Design Resources - curate design standards to operate, guidelines, processes.
- Screen ideas and concepts, work with stakeholders + business analysts at a high level and reviewing projects with Directors
- Meet with team members 1-on-1 to review and assess their needs and wants and ensure goals are on track or address concerns
- Lead the team to work closely with product owners, business analysts, engineers, and other departments to define requirements and initiatives
- Partner with product owners to help define information architecture and tell the right stories
- Be an expert in UI, UX, or visual design
- A design background and strong foundation of UI standards + best practices with a portfolio demonstrating skills
- Great self-management, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience designing or working on e-commerce websites
- Designed with an understanding of the formal principles of design: typography, layout, balance and proportions
- Helped level up the design and quality of a design team by bringing inspired ideas to the table and guiding those ideas through to fruition with attention to detail
- Reviewed and approved work to ensure design assets are polished and ready for implementation handoff or final delivery
Things we value in a candidate:
- Solid work ethic - you are motivated to learn, and work independently
- Dependability - you meet deadlines consistently, and can communicate roadblocks
- Problem solver - you can figure out random code bugs, or complex grid layouts
- Passion - you enjoy what you do, and getting to work with new technology
- Drive - you take the lead, and generate new ideas/concepts
- Good communication - you can document your work, and keep others informed about your tasks
- Competitive pay + annual bonuses
- 401(k) + medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Flexible work schedule. Work the hours that make sense for you.
- Full remote work, semi-remote work up to 2 days/week, or work in the office
- Dog friendly offices
- Onsite Fitness Center at our Florida and Pennsylvania offices, or 75% reimbursement for a Fitness Center of your choice
- We'll invest in your education with up to $1000 reimbursement per year
- Yearly stipend to attend conferences
Our Hiring Process has 3 levels:
- A phone interview with a Team Lead, Manager, or Director to chat about the company, position, and most importantly, learn more about you. We’ll contact you after to schedule the next round of interviews or let you know if we don’t think you’re the right fit.
- A panel interview with a manager or Team Lead, Director of Design, and fellow Developer. We will ask you technical questions relating to your skillset and general questions to assess communication skills and how well you align with our core values.
- A final interview with the VP of Design. We follow up with an offer, or let you know if we feel that you aren't the right fit.
Ace Your Application.