About Invisible Themes
Invisible Themes is a small team that designs and develops premium eCommerce themes for the Shopify Theme Store. We are a remote-first company with employees from around the world.
This is a full-time fully remote position with flexible working hours and environment. As long as you get the job done, you choose when, where, and how to work.
About The Role
As Invisible’s first Product Designer, you will be working closely with the co-founders, development team and product managers to build industry-leading themes used by thousands of Shopify merchants.
You will lead design projects of significant scope and complexity with clear goals and objectives. Designing a theme is different from designing a website. You will be required to consider the user experience of the merchant (theme setup), as well as their customers (final product). Themes must be a vessel for the brand they portray, allowing the design to work in many different ways for many different brands. We are seeking a designer that can work within a complex design system to create innovative features, work through edge cases, and emerge with an elegant product.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Design high-fidelity mockups of new features and enhancements for current products
- Create elegant design systems that express flexibility through Shopify theme settings, allowing merchants to customize the design in impactful ways without creating an overwhelming web of settings
- Provide clear requirements for the development team to work from
- Come up with innovative new features and sections for our Shopify themes
- Create high-level concept designs for new themes
Ideally, we are looking for a designer with experience designing template systems on a platform like Webflow or Shopify, but we will consider any product designer with an appetite for complexity and product-level design.
- Has experience creating high-fidelity mock-ups
- Has experience working alongside a development team, helping to translate design to code
- Excellent UX, UI, and interactive design skills
- Proficiency with design and collaboration tools, including Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills. You should be able to explain the “why” behind your designs.
- Experience working remotely, or a desire to try it.
- An excellent sense of humour :)
Nice To Have:
- Experience designing website templates for Webflow and/or Shopify.
- A history of working with the Shopify platform or e-commerce generally
- Experience working in an agile development environment with continuous development cycles
How To Apply
- Visit https://forms.gle/UUZtw4q1PHSghk8R8 to start your application.
- Please include a link to your portfolio with a minimum of 3 examples of your work. Include a short description of your role in the project, what you worked on, and what you are most proud of.
- A short 1-minute video covering your design experience, why you are a good fit for the role, and your favourite TV show.
We are looking forward to reading your application!
Ace Your Application.