We’re webuild, a global team of makers and thinkers. We’re a friendly group of designers, strategists, and product managers. We love what we do. We nurture growth and champion possibility. And we are all passionate about product design. And tacos. (Extra guac!) We embrace and celebrate diversity and enjoy learning about each other’s cultures.
Through investigation, design, testing, and iteration, we help our clients reach their target audiences, make impressions, convert, retain, and grow. Our expertise in and obsession with strategy, design, and optimization makes us a triple threat to deliver the very best user experience. And while we love what we do at work, we love our lives away from the computer, too. We’re all about that work/life balance.
What does the Product Designer do?
The role of the Product Designer is to solve design challenges on a daily basis and carve out responsive designs - working closely with our team and clients to refine them.
- Asking questions + seeking to understand the overall vision for the product
- Researching the landscape and learning about competitors in the market - and what their user experiences and interfaces look/feel like.
- Gathering inspiration and creating moodboards.
- Creating initial wireframes of the user flow and experience. Getting feedback, both internally and externally, and executing rounds of revisions.
- Carving out separate designs for mobile, tablet and desktop when needed.
- Carving out simple and beautiful design systems & brand style guides.
- Breathing color and life into the wireframes. Getting feedback and continuing to revise and iterate with enthusiasm.
- Creating additional state that enhances both the UX and UI. Elements such as hover states, success messages, error alerts, loading gifs, etc.
- Designing responsive landing pages and supporting marketing assets for the products we’re creating.
- Translating those designs into development by communicating specific notes on the layouts, animations and interactions.
- Creating user stories for developers to easily follow.
- Ensuring the quality of your designs is reflected in development and every detail matches your vision.
- Communicating issues to the dev team and the solutions of how the interface and experience should look and behave.
- Help support webuild's design workflow through documenting key processes, helping add structure to our core methods, and overall improving the delivery process.
The Perfect Candidate
- You’ve designed and helped build digital products in the past and have a strong design philosophy.
- You’re obsessed with product design & know a great product experience from an average one.
- You are incredibly passionate, care deeply about the details and bring an amazing amount of heart+hustle to everything you do.
- You love talking to users, getting real world feedback, and implementing that back into the product.
- You are a strong communicator and can effectively communicate your ideas both internally and externally.
- You love trying out new tools and finding ways to optimize experiences in all avenues of your life.
- You embrace the iterative process and know that nothing perfect happens overnight and that doing truly great work is the result of showing up daily with consistent + impeccable action.
- Bonus points if you understand development and how it influences your design process.
- Familiarity/experience with Sketch or Figma is a requirement. We use Figma for all of our design and prototyping and it’s a great way to collaborate with other designers. Figma’s easy enough to learn if you know Sketch.
- Product Strategy. We're more than just designers. The ideal candidate loves product strategy and planning (nearly) as much as they love designing. We believe great execution is the result of deliberate, systematic and even obsessive focus on the details.
- User-driven design. Significant experience creating user-focused interfaces across a variety of projects as well as a strong understanding of user experience design including user stories, user flows and information architecture.
- 3+ years experience designing web and/or mobile apps, and have a robust portfolio of relevant product design projects.
- You love creating designs focused around engagement which yield results and have metrics to show for it.
- Full time 40hrs/week
- $70,000-$85,000 annual base salary
- Eligible to work in the US
- Remote, California preferred
- Role reports to: Founder/CEO (Evan)
- Benefits included
- Health insurance premiums 100% covered
- Dental/Vision insurance available
- HSA benefits
- Internet stipend & home office expense budget
- Education benefits
- Parental leave
- And more!
Ace Your Application.