SafetyWing (YC W18) is building a global social safety net for remote workers worldwide. If we succeed, we believe this will help ensure freedom and equal opportunity for everyone and is one of the most essential tasks of our time that no one else is working on. We are a fast-growing, fully remote global team, currently consisting of slightly over a hundred people.We are looking for an experienced product manager who will be the product lead for the technological part of our insurance infrastructure. For example a dashboard for product teams showing claims and reporting, and in the future also clever analytics features such as anomaly detection, lie-detector bot, and more.
You will ensure we leverage talent and technology to become the first insurance carrier with such a good product experience people tell their friends about it.
In addition, you will manage a tech team and rally the team around a product roadmap. The role will report to the General Manager of Insurance Carrier and Infrastructure.
💎 Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the product manager for our insurance infrastructure and developing tools to help us get better insight, create better products, and build new and better capabilities.
- Developing our product roadmap and seeing through its execution
- Lead the tech and design team on your product
- Creating precise product specifications based on user requirements
- Ensuring your product succeeds, including managing priorities and timelines in close collaboration with the engineering, product, design, and other internal stakeholders.
- Assisting the General Manager in making the team joyful and productive by being a great problem solver
- You have experience managing all aspects of a great product throughout its lifecycle.
- You are great at making something people love so much they tell their friends.
- You have a creative and problem-solving mindset. You feel comfortable navigating complexity and like cracking problems with simple, user-friendly solutions. You can prioritize and have worked directly with engineers and designers before.
- You are a good leader and have experience building and scaling teams, but you’re also excited to step in as a hands-on product owner.
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills, and you can own a project from ideation through development to execution.
- You are tech-savvy. You also have a solid grasp of what it means to work with and create insights from data.
We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet
- Think for themselves instead of copying others
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Benefits include health insurance, paid family leave, a laptop, personal development, etc.
- Fully remote: work from anywhere
- Regular team gatherings around the world
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com.
Ace Your Application.