Location: Remote, US
Smartling’s Product team is looking for a new member to join us and lead our efforts in expanding and improving our Vendor tools. We are looking for a Product Manager that can take charge and work with our internal Language Services team as well as external customer vendors to define and build features to optimize work.
In this position, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of the vision for our Vendor’s side of the platform. You will work directly with engineering, service, and customer teams to build requirements and shape the future of our Vendor tools.
Smartling exists to translate the world’s digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products, and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world’s online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
As the Product Manager for Vendors at Smartling, you will be responsible for driving our vision for Vendors and working with your engineering team to deliver user-friendly features. You will be the go-to Product expert for everything related to our Vendors’ tools.What will your first 90 days look like?
- Get to know your new Smartling teammates!
- Learn how Vendors work with our system – get first-hand insights together with one of our Language Service Project Managers
- Jump on calls with different customers and vendors to understand different use cases
- Work on your first impact feature – driving it from research to release
Long term, you will:
- Collaborate closely with our Language Services team to understand Vendor side pain points
- Partner with your engineers and designer to define and finalize feature requirements
- Own, define and execute on the Vendors Roadmap – aligning it to the company strategy
- Regularly engage with customers, users and internal business stakeholders to surface insights and problems statements to inform the Vendor Experience’s roadmap and vision
- Validate and prioritize all incoming features to find features that will help us achieve our vision
- Support our Customer Success and Support teams with any customer questions
- Work with our Documentation and Training team to develop internal and external communication material
- Stay up to date with other tools and competitor software LSPs use
- 5+ years of product management or project leadership experience
- Understanding of Product Design fundamentals and SaaS User Experience patterns
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with different stakeholders – connecting with customers, end-users, vendors and internal teams
- Investigating user problems and needs and translating them to actionable themes that drive toward the Product Vision
- Experience developing a Product Vision and creating a Roadmap
- Comfortable making decisions with the knowledge at hand
- Work with design and engineering in the weeds – getting to know the details of the design and technical solution
- Prior experience in prioritizing features and working with development teams in defining requirements
Preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with localization software or involvement in localization processes
- Technical knowledge – understanding the development of web apps, both Backend and Frontend
- Experience with SQL
- Systems thinker – you are excited about working with complex interconnected systems
- Curious – you are a lifelong learner – constantly ask questions to dig deeper into use cases and how our technical solution could work
- Visionary – you can clearly articulate a vision for the Vendor side of our platform and produce a clear roadmap on how to get there
- Leader – you are ready to lead and inspire teams across multiple departments to deliver on your Vendor vision
- Ambitious – you are ready to dig in and be the driving force! – get messy, experiment, and learn from features you release
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom – we are remote first
- Growth – an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth – we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness – medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance – flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture – an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus – employee referral program and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based in Eastern and Central Time Zones at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications (in the US).
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.
Ace Your Application.