We’re focused on building the best data observability platform on the market, but we recognize that bringing quality data to all companies requires more than just building a great product. We also need to spread awareness of how data observability can help data teams deliver quality data their stakeholders can trust.
As our first full-time, in-house Content Writer,you will be responsible for crafting a high volume of quality content. You’ll leverage your writing skills to develop content across multiple formats, from ebooks and white papers to blog posts and social media copy. Along the way, you’ll work closely with our Head of Marketing as well as a selection of internal subject-matter experts, customers, and partners.
If you’re a prolific writer with an insatiable curiosity about the world of data, this job is for you.
Your day-to-day at Metaplane
As part of our growing marketing team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Interview internal subject-matter experts, including CEO Kevin Hu and Head of Data David Jayatillake, as well as select customers and partners
- Produce detailed outlines and send them to key stakeholders for feedback before kicking off the writing process
- Ghostwrite compelling long-form content that educates our target market throughout the customer lifecycle
- Repurpose existing content to maximize our return on investment
- Craft compelling press releases to help us earn media coverage by relevant industry publications
- Write engaging short-form copy that empowers the team to drive brand awareness across social media and community channels
Is this you?
- You have 3-5 years of content writing experience at a B2B SaaS startup, preferably one that targets a technical audience (bonus points if that audience includes data teams)
- You have a proven track record of driving meaningful results across the customer journey, but especially the top and middle of the funnel
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates a commitment to publishing quality content, such as ebooks, white papers, and blog posts
- You have deep expertise in content marketing and search engine optimization
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others
- You have a degree in a relevant field plus industry certifications from HubSpot or similar that demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning
- You’re comfortable with technology and find it easy to learn how to use new tools
Benefits of Working at Metaplane
- Get paid a Boston salary, no matter where you live. Plus, equity and a 4% employer match on your 401(k).
- Take a minimum of 4 weeks of vacation every year. Plus, enjoy 13 public holidays and 6 paid sick days.
- Rest easy knowing your health, dental, and vision is fully covered. Plus, spend $200/month to boost your physical and mental well-being.
- Work where you’re most productive, whether that’s at home or your local WeWork. Either way, we cover up to $300/month.
- Get a new laptop that’s built to meet your needs. Plus, enjoy $1,000 towards your home office setup during your first 90 days on the job.
- Invest up to $2,500/year in professional development and career growth. From coursework to conferences, we’ve got you covered.
- Enjoy 12 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of how you became a parent. Your job will be waiting for you when you get back.
- Meet, collaborate, and bond with your colleagues in person twice per year at biannual onsites all over the world.
- Want to spend your stipends another way? Go for it! You know what you need better than we do.
Metaplane is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. If you don’t feel like you hit 100% of the requirements above but are passionate about our mission and space, please apply.
Ace Your Application.