Senior Front End Web Developer
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Do you love designing and developing intuitive and meaningful user interfaces? Are you passionate about implementing world class education products? Do you want to be part of a team changing the future of assessment? The Senior Front End Web Developer will be responsible for designing and building a user centric interfaces. This person will have the opportunity to design and build a best-in-class assessment platform. Focusing on the educator and learner to ensure user interfaces are easy to understand and powerful enough to deliver complex end user functionality.
This requisition is part of the Pearson/MZD team, which develops innovative assessment technology platforms. We are now in the midst of building our next generation assessment platform, which is a multi-year project with enormous strategic value, leveraging state of the art technologies and processes. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of this critical project.
The Pearson/MZD development team is comprised of a small group of inspired developers that thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is collaborative, casual, flexible, agile and results driven. Since the business provides a mission-critical service to a demanding set of clients, high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
The Senior Front End Software Developer will:
- Provide engineering leadership with a focus on user interface design and development
- Design and Implement user interfaces in collaboration with team of full stack engineers
- Provide feedback and implementation advice to team members
- Analyze & Design – Ensure business and requirements artifacts are created that effectively model the customer’s requirements. Use tooling and best practices to create design models from requirements
- Review – Participate in and lead requirements, design and code reviews
- Test & Deployment – Work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high quality software. Create testable requirements and write and execute unit tests
- Quality/process improvement – Participate in group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
- People development – Mentor and train new team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $80-100k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline
- 5 years relevant software development experience creating business applications with relational database systems
- 3 years experience using JQuery, Single Page Application Frameworks, CSS
- 3 years experience in interface design
- Experience with highly available, highly concurrent web-based applications
- Experience with GIT or similar VCS tools
Current Tech Stack:
- AWS hosted applications
- 1 year experience working in an agile environment
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Able to think technically and analytically
- Ability to understand the philosophy of architecture
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills – including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
Experience with some or all of the following is considered a bonus:
- Education Technology platform development
- Previous experience developing software that is used by K-12 institutions
- Knowledge of Ed-tech standards such as (QTI, LTI, Ed-Fi)
Ace Your Application.