Senior Front End Engineer – Consumer Cloud
Title: Senior Front End Engineer – Consumer Cloud
Additional Locations – Virtual USA
Build the products powering Retail and Brand growth
Economic, political, and sustainability pressures around the world together with increasing expectations by consumers push brands, manufacturers, and retailers to accelerate the transformation of core commerce processes in a flexible, seamless, and cost-efficient way. Taking a growth mindset approach, SAP Consumer Cloud Labs will be an incubator and accelerator for new SaaS business. We are bringing together a visionary strategy together with top engineering talent to solve next horizon commerce challenges; then scaling the approach with technology.
We are looking for talented frontend developers to build new user experiences and scalable components on Consumer Cloud, solving for the ever-growing needs of our customers. You enjoy working closely with a cross-functional team, love to take initiative, and can design with both present and future needs in mind.
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to customers.
- Design and build intuitive, adaptable, and accessible user interfaces.
- Collaborate with frontend colleagues across Consumer Cloud to develop a shared technical roadmap.
- Integrate with Consumer Cloud-wide deployment and build systems to keep things running smoothly.
- Implement state-of-the-art cross-browser testing to ensure our user experiences work every time, for every user.
- Contribute to our design systems that enable many teams around the world to collaborate on a comprehensive, coherent user interface.
- Automatically enforce standards around accessibility and internationalization.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- At least 5+ years of professional software development experience and strong technical background in front-end technology.
- You have been a Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer.
- Experience developing and running build, test, and deployment tools in production environments. Micro frontend experience a plus.
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
- A desire to sweat the details around security, reliability, accessibility, and internationalization.
- A desire to solve the needs of their colleagues as part of a platform team.
- A sense for how to hit the optimal balance between rigor and velocity.
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external.
- You have served as the technical lead across multiple teams within engineering.
- You have owned the technical roadmap for large business areas.
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you.
- You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your teams. Even senior engineers feel that they can learn from you.
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all these areas.
What is it like to work at Consumer Cloud?
Consumer Cloud is an engineering company. We want people with a broad set of technical skills (and backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry today.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible.