Staff Software Engineer – Frontend
Title: Staff Software Engineer – Frontend
- Location: Remote, US
Come join a team of world-class engineers building ThoughtSpot’s relational search engine. We are looking for super talented and experienced engineers to join the team responsible for building ThoughtSpot’s natural language relational search engine, personalized data exploration engine, universal object search engine, AI powered ranking and relevance engine, distributed in-memory search indexing infrastructure and much more.
- On a mission! To make the world more fact-driven. With ThoughtSpot, anyone from C-suite executives to front-line employees can use a simple search to instantly analyze billions of rows of data, and leverage artificial intelligence to get relevant insights on questions they might not have thought to ask.
- Used by the most successful companies – companies like Walmart, Hulu, 7Eleven, and Rolls-Royce
- A leader in the BI Gartner magic quadrant for two years running. It is also the fastest company to enter the leader quadrant.
- Blessed with amazing people and culture: We are very deliberate about building a culture focused on #selfless-excellence, continuous learning, and improvement (#2%done), and diversity (#balanceforbetter) where everyone can do their best work and is seen, heard and valued.
- Backed by the best Investors – $248M at a nearly $2B valuation.
What you will be doing
- Create and craft a delightful experience on web & mobile.
- Design, develop next generation of search & visual analytics applications & experiences.
- Build interactive applications that leverage AI, ML, and ad-hoc query capabilities uniquely available in Thoughtspot.
- Build a highly customizable, extensible & smart data visualization platform.
- Provides guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting overall technical architecture.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Obsess with customer experience and uncompromising engineering standards.
- Mentor and build a strong engineering culture in your teams.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor and grow people in your team to be more effective and grow as engineers.
- Drive Internal/external visibility for ThoughtSpot through panels, patents, papers, talks, blog posts, and open source.
If you are looking to solve hard problems, work with amazing people, and have fun while building the future of analytics – this role is for you!
Who you are
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science
- You love technology. You love to discuss it, build it, use it, leverage it, and stay abreast of the latest developments.
- You have a passion for designing exceptional frontend products with clean architecture and beautiful code.
- Product minded
- You care about the product you build. You strive to understand the user problem and find elegant & efficient ways to solve that problem .
- You are obsessed with making customers successful. You build software with customers in mind and get satisfaction by having satisfied customers. You go out of your way to help customers be successful.
- 10+ years of experience crafting world-class products & experiences.
- Proven track record of building complex web application with high scale/performance.
- A passion for architecting solutions that make an App UI highly interactive, with an ability to identify, quantify, debug and remove performance bottlenecks.
- Solid experience in UI frameworks such as React, Redux, GraphQL, ReactNative or D3 is a plus.
- Solid experience in infrastructure tools such as Nginx, Node or Grunt is a plus.
- Full stack experience is a plus – Familiar with APIs, REST APIs, GraphQL APIs
- Domain experience in one or more areas is a plus – Information Visualization, Search, Data Analytics,
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile applications is a plus.
- Problem Solver
- Amazing problem solver and quick learner with an ability to identify, quantify, debug, and remove bottlenecks and functional issues.
- You take initiative. You see a problem and don’t wait for someone to ask you to solve it.
- Recruiter & Team builder
- You are always looking for & hiring the best talent to ThoughtSpot.
- You understand the value of great teams and do what you can to help create amazing high performing teams.
- You enjoy collaborating with and mentoring others. You take pride in making others better.
Why do engineering at ThoughtSpot?
We are a team co-founded by engineers who built search and infrastructure systems at Google, database systems at Microsoft, and enterprise software at Oracle. As an engineer, you can learn how to build distributed products & systems, and the engineering processes & best practices around shipping high-quality software.
At ThoughtSpot, you have the ownership and responsibility to take charge and accelerate your career that comes with a scaling company, while having the opportunity to build deeper expertise than an early-stage startup. You will work alongside experts in product, design, sales, and customer success, giving you the time and energy to focus on engineering. You will also get the chance to be part of a truly globally distributed engineering team.