Sep 2021 - Current
Mar 2020 - Aug 2021
As the tech lead for the Patient Growth team, I really wore many hats and helped with many things (ask me!) but my main areas of focus were defining the technical vision, reducing tech debt (AngularJS -> React), mentoring, and working with the product, marketing, and customer enablement teams to prioritize features. I also improved processes and empowered the team in order to increase test coverage and reduce bugs. Additionally I built Opencare's first design library with the design team, and built a custom analytics package to simplify integrating analytics across the multiple apps (Snowplow, Fullstory, Heap, Optimizely). Tech stack was predominantly React, Typescript, Jest/React Testing Library, and styled-components, using a rest API built in Node.
May 2019 - Feb 2020
With a focus on TDD and pair programming, at Pivotal I worked primarily in Kotlin, Spring Boot, and Cloud Foundry to build and deploy products that helped internal team members with their day-to-day work. I also helped with the R&D phase for new products in order to determine the right technical solutions.
May 2017 - May 2019
At Nascent I built isomorphic web applications using React, Redux, Node, and Express. I also used CI/CD services to manage deployments. In addition to growing and sharpening my skills as a full stack developer, I worked with leadership and clients to assess and explore upcoming features and projects and helped mentor my teammates.
Jan 2017 - Nov 2017
With a desire to create unique work, Blunt was created. Like most (all) startup companies, I wore many hats on a very small team! To name the keys ones, I was the developer, project manager, and point of contact for clients. One highlight of what I was responsible for was learning how to research the best architectural solutions for projects. I handed Blunt fully over to my partner a little under a year after starting it so I could focus more fully on my full-time role.
Filament Creative Inc.
Apr 2016 - Apr 2017
As the lead developer, my main role was to engage with clients and support and mentor the members of my team. I also spearheaded the creation of a development process that improved the workflow and introduced new technologies into projects. I built with WordPress, React, and ExpressionEngine on this team, as well as learned the basics of servers.
Resolution Interactive Media
Dec 2014 - Apr 2016
Predominantly front end work, I also designed several websites and was the back end developer in other projects when possible. I worked with WordPress, Drupal, PyroCMS, and Jekyll (with prose.io integrated for content management). I helped improve the company-wide development process and was front end lead on several projects.
Jul 2013 - Dec 2014
My job at RedRhino consisted of creating websites and providing support for existing sites. I worked mostly with WordPress or hardcoded sites, and did both back end and front end. Additionally, a large portion of my time was spent doing production work for designers, and providing feedback to the designers as to best practices when designing for the web.
Fanshawe College Interactive Media Design and Production, Media
- Technical mentoring
- Product thinking
- Web app development
- React Native
- REST API Development
- Quality Assurance
Jan 2020 - Current
Riby Finance is a Digital Banking & Financial Services Platform for Cooperatives, Trade/Business Groups & Salary Earners in Company Groups.
- Worked alongside a backend developer to build Riby Single Sign On (SSO) page used for authentication across all Riby products using React and Redux, SASS,Typescript Git and Bit bucket, Node and Jira.
- Worked alongside a team of 4 developers to build Each one's Page used to donate to less privileged during this covid 19 period using Git and Bit bucket, React and Redux, Typescript and SASS.
Aug 2019 - Nov 2019
DevCareers is a Non-Profit organization that's focused on supporting upcoming developers with resources to excel into World Class.
- Collaborated with the entire team to build a food delivery web application using React & Redux, Git and Github, Node and Pivotal Tracker. My role was to build user interfaces and consume API.
ZiniSoft Digital Company LTD.
Mar 2019 - Oct 2019
Zinisoft Digital Company Ltd. is a start-up company that specializes in software development and ICT training.
- I utilized my knowledge of HTML,CSS and Bootstrap to create dynamic and responsive user interfaces with good user experience that meet global standards.
Oct 2018 - Mar 2019
Thinkshifts develops and delivers a next-generation software products for key sectors:
Education, Healthcare, Transportation, Real Estate, Recruitment & Payment.
- I Present, promote and sell products/services to existing and prospective customers.
- I give information and respond to customers through mobile phone and email.
Oct 2013 - Oct 2017
Dec 2019 - Current
Shop Thrift is an e-commerce website in Nigeria.The Technologies used include React and Redux,Firebase,Git and GitHub.
Nov 2019 - Current
A Food Delivery App. Technologies used React.js, Pivotal Tracker,Figma Git and Github.
Nov 2019 - Nov 2019
A Pet Store created with Vue.js and CodeSandBox
Oct 2019 - Oct 2019
Foodie is a recipe app for recipe management and meal planning. It combines a built-in library of recipes, sorted by category, with meal planning functionality. In practical terms, this means you can create a shopping list based on the recipe you choose.Technologies used: React.js,Bootstrap,Git and Github.
Sep 2019 - Sep 2019
Aug 2019 - Aug 2019
Aug 2019 - Aug 2019
A static website, Technologies used: Html, Css, Git and Github.
Apr 2020 - Apr 2020
A UI/UX designer Portfolio.
- HTML & CSS.
- Git & Github
Dec 2014 - Current
Collaborating with stakeholders from CBC Sports, News, and Radio in a fast-paced Agile environment on numerous large-scale applications.
- Supported CBC Sports desktop and mobile sites, including the Pan Am Games site and the roll-out of a global redesign and rebrand in 2015
- Worked on a small team with CBC News to extend and support the Elections application (an SPA in Knockout.JS) for the Saskatchewan and Manitoba provincial elections
- Lead front-end developer for a new internal tool for CBC Radio producers, built with React and Redux
Concordia University (Linguistics Department)
Mar 2017 - Current
Creating a test-style single page application for a linguistics experiment.
- Built on React, Redux, and Firebase
- Work in progress: https://github.com/debchn/mvmt-memory
Dec 2014 - Sep 2015
Worked with McMaster's electronic medical record application, OSCAR, to transform its medical forms to suit a methadone clinic in Vietnam.
- Implemented English to Vietnamese translations with jQuery
- Created new, unique forms for the clinic using jQuery and Bootstrap
Jul 2007 - Aug 2011
Recurring summer job building the prototype for https://www.know2act.org/ and assisting with front-end work for the main OSCAR application
- Helped to build an MVP for "Know2Act," a forum for clinicians to share information on drugs and other treatments
- Built with Ruby on Rails on a legacy PostgreSQL database
- Connected to OSCAR through XML-RPC
9-week front-end development bootcamp
University of Toronto
Sep 2008 - Aug 2014
With minors in English and Music History & Culture
Nov 2018 - Current
Building and maintaining internal front end developer tools.
- Contributed to a redesign initiative for a Chrome Extension for an internal product.
- Maintained an visual testing tool.
- Contributed to a front end error logging tool.
- Contributed to miscellaneous internal front end developer tools.
Sep 2014 - Sep 2018
Various web development for customer-facing and internal-facing web applications.
- Developed and maintained Tastemade website backend using Node, Express.js, Heroku, AWS Lambda.
- Developed and maintained Tastemade website frontend using HTML/CSS/JS(ES6), React, Styled Components, SCSS, and Zurb Foundation.
- Developed Tastemade website frontend build tooling using NPM scripts, Grunt, Webpack, and Babel.
- Managed frontend monitoring using Pingdom and Bugsnag.
- Managed backend ops using New Relic, PagerDuty, Travis CI, AWS CloudFront, AWS S3.
- Integrated email service using Iterable. Previously used: Mailchimp, Mandrill, and Postup.
Jun 2012 - Aug 2014
Web development for the TripCase mobile and web apps.
- Built cross-platform native travel app using PhoneGap, HTML/CSS/JS, Backbone, and SCSS.
- Managed frontend ops using NPM, Bower, Grunt, Gulp, RequireJS.
- Managed client app tests using Jasmine.
- Developed APIs for client app using Ruby on Rails.
May 2009 - Jul 2011
- API development for meteorological data using IDL and NetCDF.
Jun 2010 - Dec 2010
The University of Texas at Dallas
2012 - 2013
Dallas County Community College
University of Oklahoma
2007 - 2010
Sep 2019 - Current
Use SportCompass to find out which bars are showing your favourite games and the first beer is always on the house. SportCompass isn’t just a website, but a thriving, friendly community of football fans. Go to one of our events alone, and you’ll leave with new friends.
Sep 2018 - Oct 2019
I joined Tssdevs as a Lead Frontend Developer to work on Percayso's (A Client) systems and other TSS Systems.
- Requirements gathering and specifications
- Built responsive, accessible and performant UIs using a modern technology stack. (Basically Reactjs and GraphQL)
- Collaborate, support and work hand-in-hand with backend, QA, design and product colleagues.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Contributed to the change of an existing application to React.
Aug 2018 - Jan 2019
I joined PlatformLead as a Frontend Developer with the goal to develop FindThePro; a web app that connects businesses and potential clients within a local community through the power of search. Built with React and Redux.
- Built the client-side application with high quality, clean, testable and maintainable code for mobile, desktop and tablets
- Participated in and contributing to technology, architecture, workﬂow and design decisions.
- Worked on data visualisation with D3.js
- Unit and Functional testing with Jest and Component testing with Enzyme
Apr 2018 - Jul 2018
Joined Femmebnb as a React Developer developing its Frontends in an Agile Team.
- Developing new user-facing features using ReactJS and Redux
- Building reusable components with principles of component-driven architecture and front-end libraries for future use
- End to End testing
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Jun 2017 - Mar 2018
I worked has a Frontend Developer at Startup Studio. By building solutions with React, React-Native and VanillaJS.
- Redesigned and dramatically simplified overly-complex user interfaces, while preserving all functionalities
- Work on the implementation of high-leverage features to optimize UX and conversion rates
- Single Page Application and Server Side Rendering development
- Automated frontend testing
Dec 2016 - May 2017
I worked in a team that builds the shipping and logistics system. Tech stack: Backend Services in PHP, NodeJS/Express, Frontend Apps in Angular and React.
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team.
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale.
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API.
- Use test-driven development to ensure feature quality.
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions.
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components.
May 2016 - Dec 2017
- Did plenty of freelance work with web technologies (React, React-Native and Nodejs)
- Implementing UI/UX designs and mock-ups
- Implemented automation tasks using Grunt and Gulp
- Learnt the AWS stack
- Worked with clients from all over the world
Obafemi Awolowo University
Mar 2012 - Feb 2017
Took courses like:
Object Oriented Programming, Assembly Language,
Data structures and Algorithm, Automata Therory,
Compilers, Human and Computer Interactions,
Project Management, Computer Architecture,
Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing e.t.c
Also Contributed to the Developer's Community:
GDG OAU, Consonance, IEEE, WIE.
Feb 2019 - Current
Gosquare is a logistics solution that tackles the problem of the delivery sector in due to human negligence and technology constraint, especially in Nigeria where there is a rapidly growing e-commerce industry, so Gosquare is bringing easy and convenient logistics services to everyone from restaurants, small businesses, and e-commerce stores.
Working on the Admin as a Frontend developer and React Native for the mobile.
Jan 2018 - Jun 2018
I was on a team building a Mobile App for Accelerate Tv with React Native, to help their users access there contents on the go. This project is sponsored by Access Bank in Nigeria, creating a platform where User can create a bank account on the Go.
Jan 2019 - Mar 2019
I was the React Native developer on the CoachMe Online project. On this app coaching brought to you where you need it, when you need it and how you need it. Certified and experienced coaches will coach you in real time in various areas like Life & Success; Business, Career, and Finance; Stress & Emotions and Relationships & Marriage.
May 2018 - Dec 2018
Dyshr is a meal restaurant discovery app for foos lovers that helps users decide where and what to eat. I am worked on the admin of this system and built it with react js.
- Styled Components
Mar 2014 - Aug 2015
At Rocket Science, I worked with the creative director to
conceptualize and produce highly creative designs for local
clients such as Amway, as well as national consumer brands
such as Jamba Juice. Deliverables included identity and
branding design applied to print communication as well as
minor web/interactive design.
Sep 2014 - Jul 2015
Stevens was an invaluable and crucial experience in
advancing my proficiency as a self-taught front-end
developer. At Stevens, I collaborated with two senior
developers as well as the creative director to see projects
through from start to finish, often assisting with the layout
and content creation for many client sites. On two occasions
I was given the responsibility of completing both design and
development for client websites,
At The Image Shoppe, I frequently collaborate with our web
designer and senior developer to produce and maintain
websites built on both ExpressionEngine and WordPress.
This typically involves reproducing PSD mockups using
modern best-practices and tools with great consideration as
it pertains to cross-browser compatibility and technical SEO
Kendall College of Art and Design
Sep 2012 - May 2015
Mott Community College
Sep 2009 - May 2011
- Novice PHP
- Basic GIT/Version Control
- User Interface Design
- UX Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
Resume Writing Tips
The following tips are based on what we've learned from helping over 100,000 job seekers create a resume with our resume builder.
Resume Format and Sections
Impressing recruiters and hiring managers will be much easier if you include the info they are looking for, in the correct order. You also don't want your resume to be too long. You are likely one of many resumes and want to respect the reader's time.
- Contact info: This should be at the top of your resume and easy to find. Make sure to include your email and phone number.
- Work experience section: This is the most important part of your resume. Focus on your work experience that is most relevant to the job description you're applying for. Use short bullet points. They're easier to read quickly than paragraphs.
- Education section: Make sure to list any degrees or certificates that the job posting requests. Only include your GPA and courses if you recently graduated.
- Other sections: You can also include skills, languages, patents, projects, etc if they are relevant to the job you're applying for. It's generally best to avoid references. Recruiters will ask for them later and they take up valuable space.
How to Pick a Resume Template
While the contents of your resume are undoubtedly the most important part, a good resume template can increase your odds of getting an interview. Most requiters only spend a few seconds on their initial resume scan, you need to make them count.
If the job application requires a cover letter, you should style it similar to your resume template.
Front End Developer Skills
Skills are an important part of a front end developers resume. You should analyze the job description you're applying for and make sure to include the requested skills in your work experience and skills sections. Don't include soft skills like "problem solver" on your resume. Most recruiters just ignore them.
Here are some skills that are frequently included in front end developer job descriptions on our remote job board.
- HTML / HTML5
- CSS / CSS3
- Performance optimization
- Responsive web design
- Usability testing