Sr. Product Manager, Consumer Data
Chicago, IL or Remote
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers – and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is the Product Manager?
As a Senior Manager for Customer Data, you will be establishing the foundation on which our lifecycle and retention efforts will be built. You will be working with vendors to bring in a single view of our customers across all our digital channels, and working with marketing, customer advocates and the business to plan, build and deliver critical lifecycle touch points and experiences that would engage, retain and delight our customers. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with product leadership to drive product expansion, roadmap development, and backlog prioritization.
- You will work with internal and external teams to select, deploy and maintain 3rd party Customer Data Platform solutions
- You will work with Data Science to identify opportunities to integrate machine learning capabilities to our stack
- You will work with Marketing, Customer Advocates and other parts of the business to establish and deliver and playbook for retention
- You will own KPI development for your product, including monitoring of qualitative and quantitative user feedback to help drive product decisions, improvements, and growth.
- You will partner with other leaders from Growth, Marketing, Underwriting, Product Design and Engineering to identify opportunities that will improve our Customer Data Platform stack, and recommend build vs buy strategies and approaches.
- You will write user stories and other supporting requirements artifacts that help engineering bring product features to life while prioritizing user goals.
- You will guide your roadmap from requirements definition through design, launch and post-launch measure and iterate over.
- You will use data to support hypotheses and outcomes to drive roadmap priorities.
- You will work with the product leadership team to build and drive a strong product culture that understands the importance of continuous improvement and learning.
- You will report directly to the Director of Product Management.
What are our must haves?
- Experience working as a product manager in an agile environment with a focus on customer data platforms, retention, marketing automation OR digital lifecycle programs and efforts.
- Expertise in communication channels including: email, push notifications, SMS and in app notifications
- Familiarity with 3rd party marketing automation and delivery tools (Sendgrid, Customer.io, LOB) and end to end messaging delivery experience
- Experience in defining or designing customer or service lifecycle journey maps
- Experience of writing user stories that drive value for the user.
- You are a great executor. You have a proven track record of successfully leading concept creation, discovery and delivery of a given product and product increment. You value iteration and rapid delivery. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- You have a proven track record of using data to drive and back-up product decisions.
- You have a proven track record for delivery measurable results with features that you have launched.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
- You have the ability to manage up — leverage functional leaders and other senior leadership to help achieve goals and deliver on product roadmap.
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Bachelor candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
- Previous insurance experience is not needed, but is a plus.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance!
Ace Your Application.