Title: Senior Product Manager, Reach
Location: New York or Remote
Hello, World! Codecademy has helped tens of millions of people upgrade their careers, build meaningful projects and gain confidence in their technical skills with engaging, accessible, and flexible products. Our customers have gone on to start companies, new jobs, and new lives thanks to the skills they gained with Codecademy, and we’re thrilled to take that impact to the next level.
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 200+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be leading a cross-functional product development squad. You will own prioritizing customer needs, creating the roadmap, getting it funded, and facilitating day-to-day product discovery and delivery activities to achieve the team’s committed key results. Working with product designers and engineers you will be accountable for continuously improving the user journey to accomplish business goals. You and the team will be responsible for defining, delivering, and operating a customer experience that starts people on their journey toward improved economic opportunities and more fulfilling pursuits through jobs in technology, becoming a trusted resource that people rely on to advance their careers. Ultimately your success will be measured by your customers’ satisfaction.
If you want to build a product that impacts tens of millions of people worldwide and helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead by example using quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making
- Articulate product strategy for your area of ownership, sell your vision to leadership, and champion a roadmap that inspires the business unit to deliver the strategy
- Author product briefs describing each opportunity with value props for our customers and the business
- Create business justifications with partners in financial planning and analysis to get the roadmap’s initiatives funded
- Launch product initiatives with high confidence through mitigating risks and executing go-to-market plans with product marketing
- Track and achieve the product squad’s KPIs, using lean techniques to quickly learn and test your squad’s hypotheses
- Develop written requirements with acceptance criteria and negotiate trade-offs with engineering and design
- Influence the product strategy, design solutions, and engineering decisions to best accomplish the intended outcome
- Shepherd projects from ideation to delivery to results analysis and into iteration
- Lead daily standups, planning, and grooming activities
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify and specify solutions to customer problems that are enriching, usable, feasible, and that benefit the business
- Be accountable for delivering returns from product investments
- Ensure company-wide transparency into product development and business operations
- Be the subject matter expert for your product and its customers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Reputation as a customer-obsessed product owner
- A Founder mentality – relentless, resourceful, proactive, and results-oriented
- Minimum of 5 years as a product manager
- Minimum of 2 years as a product owner managing the end to end product lifecycle
- Demonstrated data literacy
- Experience with user interviews and experimentation methods and processes
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing business cases from product strategies that were funded
- Strong track record of developing and shipping high-quality products for web, mobile, and tablets
- Expertise in agile development software methodologies
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- A track record of uncovering new opportunities and justifying the investments necessary to pursue them
- Familiarity with popular front and back end technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Experience with education technology
- A background in Computer Science
- A portfolio that showcases the accomplishments described in your resume
Ace Your Application.