Position: Senior Product Manager
Labware and BottlesWhat will you do?
- Develop multi-year product strategies and guide fiscal planning for future positioning, growth and evolution of product platforms.
- This includes identifying, establishing and managing relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders.
Location: Waltham, MA – Remote or anywhere in the US-Remote based.
- The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements, and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
- Lead new product development including the voice of customer research, defining critical customer and product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding business and financial justification with ROI
- Serve as product champion with internal stakeholders, regional teams, and directly with key accounts. An effective performer will maintain close interaction with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, product value proposition, pricing tactics, and customer support.
- Serve as the customer advocate interacting w/ functional partners including R&D, Program Management, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer Services, Quality and Regulatory
- Develop and deliver product training programs for internal and external customers
- Assess and evaluate market and competition to help develop and deploy key messages and communication strategies for the product line with the Marketing Development team
- Manage the life cycle of the existing product portfolio. Responsibilities include pricing /margin optimization, management across the customer value continuum.
- Forecast with operations/planning to ensure proper inventory management of product line
How you will get here:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in life science discipline with strong analytical skills and a general knowledge base of biological sciences.
- Masters or Ph.D. with an emphasis in Cell Culture or Lab setting highly preferred.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Knowledge of cell culture, biobanking, genomics, clinical diagnostics and lab automation markets is desirable
- Experience with financial modelling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Experience with building product roadmaps and product life cycle management.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, relationship building, project management and planning/prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to identify strategic opportunities set aggressive objectives, and drive key business priorities.
- Demonstrates strategic and tactical thinking; must be creative and have the ‘big picture’ viewpoint.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced changing environment with deadline and resource constraints
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed analysis to a larger strategy
- Results and proactive solution-driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time post COVID