Senior UX Designer
Full-Time in Portland, OR – Remote OK – Senior – Design
This is a remote position with Pacific Daylight Time core business hours.
Who is SingleMind?A Pacific Northwest company through and through, SingleMind is one of the fastest-growing digital design and development agencies in the region. We work with a range of companies to create compelling and elegant digital solutions (apps, websites, IoT, etc). Our mission is to help companies stay relevant in our modern world by using teamwork and collaboration to build, launch and scale new concepts and products.
Who we’re looking forWe want an enthusiastic and talented Senior UX Designer to join the team. You’ll work with the Creative Director and the design team to create user flows, wireframes, visual designs and clickable prototypes at multiple stages of the product design process and work collaboratively with the engineering team to make sure your designs are built to your specifications.
- 5+ years experience on a design team in a Senior UX Designer role (or similar)
- Ability to translate high-level requirements and user stories into detailed process flows, wireframes, and effective UX standards and patterns for web and mobile apps
- Ample portfolio of responsive web and mobile app experiences you can share and discuss
- Create modern, responsive designs for web and mobile apps, with a keen eye toward usability, content strategy, and standardized UX patterns.
- Comfortable working directly with client stakeholders to identify feedback and revise your UX documents accordingly.
- Extend UX patterns across different devices: desktop, tablet, mobile, etc, using responsive and native design techniques.
- Regular collaboration and meetings (updates, milestones, etc) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Comfortable working by yourself or leading more junior team members. You’ll be helping guide and improve the design team around you over time, so knowledge of building up proper design standards and processes is critical.
- Comfortable working and/or consulting closely with the developers that will translate your design artifacts into a usable and complete website or app.
Other things we look for
- Strong opinions, weakly held: you are deeply thoughtful about your design decisions, but not so committed to them that you can’t easily let them go.
- The modesty to understand you’re not the only voice.
- You’re a self-starter.
- You manage time wisely with an eye for detail. We try to prevent saying things like “thrives in a deadline-driven environment” because if you manage your time well, you shouldn’t feel like you’re being rushed or asked to work longer-than-normal hours.
- You know how to adopt, understand, and contribute to brand guidelines.
- You know how to help take some rough ideas and turn them into a cohesive brand identity.
- Expert-level mobile responsive and native UX application design experience
- A solid understanding of coding technologies and responsive coding capabilities
- Strong spoken and written English communication skills. We pride ourselves on our ability to communicate clearly and eloquently with our clients.
- Proven experience engaging with all levels of management
- Experience leading teams and building UX design standards.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- A working knowledge of CSS and HTML is helpful and preferred
- Sixth-degree UX black belt. Know how to build clean and modern interfaces. No skeuomorphism here!
- A sense of humor and good listening skills are a plus
CompensationYour compensation will truly be based on your experience and how closely a fit to the above points you are. We’re a profitable and growing company that believes in high tides raising all boats. So as the company succeeds, the larger your share of the profit and overall benefits.
About UsWe are a globally distributed team of professionals with the large majority of our team located in Oregon. We work flexible hours and operate as a team. Our clients range from small well-funded start-ups to large multi-billion dollar international companies. We truly believe in a balanced work/life ethic. SingleMind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BenefitsWe offer a matching 401k, full health, vision, and dental benefits. Paid vacation and sick time. We conduct semi-annual company retreats (provided we can do so safely) to desirable locations allowing for some precious facetime.
If portions of this job description really don’t sound like you, then let’s save us both some time. We want you set up for success in this role and after 15 years of doing this, we’ve found the above is necessary for you to be happy, engaged and eager to show up every day.
Ace Your Application.