Title: Social Media Manager, Brand Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is hiring a Social Media Manager to work on our Brand Team, supporting our Content Marketing efforts.
Our Brand Team is responsible for getting people to know, trust and love NerdWallet as the smartest place to make confident financial decisions.
In this role, you would specifically be working on the Content Marketing side of the Brand Team. While our brand advertising team focuses on advertising the promise of NerdWallet and our products, the content marketing team helps pay off on the promise by actively engaging with our fans with helpful financial advice in their favorite media channels.
As the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for building loyal and highly-engaged audiences across our owned social media properties, including Instagram, TikTok and Twitter. The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record of building highly-effective social media programs for B2C brands, creating break-through content, and working collaboratively and cross-functionally to lead social campaigns from brief to final reporting. They have a firm grasp on how to evaluate if content is on-brand and they’re an expert in cultivating, growing and measuring organic social media engagement across multiple channels. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Content Marketing.
Where You Can Make An Impact:
- Own the creative communications strategies for owned social media channels: You’ll lead social media strategy for NerdWallet, including creative briefing, partnering with the editorial team and design teams on the development and execution of content and keeping the company up-to-date on channel best-practices. You’ll make sure your strategies always reflects channel, consumer, and brand-first thinking whether writing copy for Instagram, replying to a consumer on Twitter, or helping to craft a new TikTok series.
- Orchestrate NerdWallet’s social media process: You’ll build and manage the internal processes for all of our owned social media channels. You’ll lead collaboration across multiple areas of the business so that key stakeholders are involved at the right moments, while keeping planning, production and posting as efficient and streamlined as possible. In doing this, you are the owner of our content calendar to ensure that NerdWallet is consistently sharing content that matches the needs of our consumers and aligns with the cultural conversation of the moment.
- You can execute, as well as manage: This role is a mix of an IC and team leader. You will have contractors and dotted-line reports looking to you for direction and coaching. At times, you will also need to be comfortable doing the hands-on execution required to write copy, schedule posts, monitor engagement and report on the results of NerdWallet’s social media channels.
- Reporting and measurement: As a well-rounded marketer, you need to have the analytical skill set to synthesize large amounts of data, build reports, and communicate clear learnings to your team and partners.
- Champion our brand strategy: You are a crucial steward of NerdWallet’s brand. You can easily identify content that is, and is not, aligned with our brand strategy. But understanding our brand strategy is not enough to be great in this role, you need to have the communication skills to get non-marketers to understand and embrace our strategy, so that everything we publish is on-brand.
- Navigating uncertainty: As a leader in finance, there will be times when news breaks, or an unexpected opportunity presents itself, and we will look to you for guidance on if, and how, NerdWallet should respond in the moment. This requires an ability to remain grounded during potentially turbulent moments making recommendations that are always in the best interest of our consumer and brand.
- A skilled project manager, with an ownership mentality: You have a strong attention to detail and ability to manage many initiatives in different stages at any given time. You’re comfortable operating in ambiguity and facilitating a cross-functional team of stakeholders to consistently deliver work that is on-time and on-brand.
- Passionate about your craft: You’re passionate about social media strategy, audience engagement, and what it can do for NerdWallet. You genuinely enjoy keeping up with the latest social media trends and industry news, and you’re excited to coach others so that NerdWallet is always on-top of the latest channel and cultural norms.
- A Brand Storyteller: A creative wordsmith, you write copy that’s always in-line with the voice of a brand. You pride yourself in building social channels that are more engaging, helpful, and fun to follow than the rest (and you’re excited about our Nerdy brand voice & personality).
- Consumer-obsessed: You never stop learning how we can more meaningfully impact consumer perception and behavior; you’re comfortable using consumer listening and measurement tools to make better decisions on behalf of our fans & followers.
- Results-oriented and Biased-to-action: You have a passion for using data to build marketing campaigns that solve business problems and advance our brand narrative. You’re also comfortable operating with ambiguity, managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, and taking informed risks to accelerate our team and company forward.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 6-8+ years working on brand-owned social media channels (either in-house or at a creative agency).
- You have a clear track record of building digital brands that consumers love (including brand identity, art direction, video production and social media). And you’ve built best-in-class content strategies to engage social media audiences, successfully scaling audiences/followings in these channels as a result.
- You’ve helped differentiate your brand from the competition and demonstrate a clear understanding of brand positioning and consumer personas. You can point to clear examples of how your strategies have helped differentiate a brand from its competitors.
- You have strong copywriting skills and have work samples that demonstrate social copy that is on-brand, engaging, differentiated, and channel-first.
- A consistent track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal and external relationships. Experience collaborating with creative, production and media teams.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of social media reporting tools and how to organize large amounts of data. You have led reporting meetings with key stakeholders that make it clear how your strategies are impacting business goals.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ace Your Application.