Title: Software Engineer IV (Front End)
Location: Denver, CO; RDU (Raleigh-Durham), NC; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Madison, WI; Boston, MA, or Remote
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
We are hiring Software Engineers IV to bring world class front end development skills to maintain and replace our existing web portals and build new experiences for our internal and external users. You have a keen eye for detail and will ensure efficiency, re-usability, and brand consistency for all components you create. You will drive and participate in design sessions, and make decisions with the team. You will work alongside the engineering, design, and product teams to ensure the best possible product is released on time.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have previous experience in Ruby on Rails and are eager to continue to develop professionally. You work well in an agile environment, and collaborate well with other Software Engineers, Test Automation Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are able to adapt when needed.
What you’ll do
- Develop features and improvements that make our product more meaningful to end users
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, interactive environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
- Solve complex technical problems
- Craft high quality code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices. Maintain and advocate these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
Success Looks Like
- Start implementation of new or updated UI changes
- Provide UX/UI design recommendations for new and existing projects
- Become an expert in our UI and have ability to design and implement new UI projects
- Own the shared UI framework and have the ability to design and implement new shared components
- Lead specific team projects independently and in collaboration with other leads
- 4+ years of front end software development experience
- Experience owning a project from concept to production
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions
- Proven ability to work closely with other Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous dedicated UX/UI design work
- Strong front-end unit testing experience with Jasmine and Protractor (or similar)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, SQL, Elastic Search, or AWS
- SaaS product company experience
- Engineering Degree or similar
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
The anticipated salary range for this role begins at $121,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This role can sit in the following locations, or can be performed remotely: Denver, CO; RDU (Raleigh-Durham), NC; Nashville, TN; Pittsburgh, PA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Seattle, WA; Madison, WI; Boston, MA, or Remote
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Eight (8) paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Vaccination Policy: SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor).
Ace Your Application.