Staff Operations Director
- Location: United States, Remote
If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
Please note: the information contained above the asterisks is specific to this particular opening, while the information below the asterisks is the general, corporate job description for this position.
This Staff Operations Director will be an individual contributor with no direct reports, supporting Commercial Lines Distribution and Agency/Customer Experience.
Preferably, this individual will work out of the Columbus or Des Moines offices, though consideration may be given to other locations, including in a Remote/Work-From-Home (WFH) capacity.
Candidates must have Commercial Line insurance experience. Existing knowledge of Commercial Distribution is a plus.
Compensation Grade: H2Please note, this opening may be filled at a lower level, depending on the relevant skills and qualifications of the selected candidate.
Job Description Summary
Directs multiple staff administrative operational functions within a major business unit, subsidiary or similar operation. Develops program management policies, standards, and methods. Performs program/project analysis. Directs the financial management, project/resource budgeting and resource planning for assigned operations. Serves as primary liaison to other business units for effected operations. May also serve as a developmental role based on office needs and individual career path plans.
Reports to the Business Unit Executive/Officer; Responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of operations staff, project staff, and/or vendors.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains processes to ensure alignment of business initiatives and business results.
- Facilitates the definition, maintenance, and improvements of processes to provide cost-effective stewardship of assets and results.
- Directs the financial management, project/resources budgeting, and resource planning processes for the business unit, product, or functional assignments. Provides executive-level reporting and analysis.
- May manage additional support services such as facilities, communications, licensing, reporting, accounting, office services, etc.
- Adheres to operational standards and methods, analyzes problem situations, and obtains data to assist projects in resolving quality difficulties.
- Serves as a key member of the business unit leadership team.
- Serves as primary liaison to other operations/business units for affected operations and/or products.
- Responsible for associate management including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
- Typically serves as a leadership development role based on office needs and individual career path development plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Skills and Experiences:
- Education: Undergraduate studies in business, accounting, and finance, Knowledge of financial management, insurance company operations, and project management.
- Experience: Ten years experience in business management with emphasis on financial analysis, project management, and leadership. At least five years of management experience required.
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of business unit products services organizational structure and strategic initiatives.
- Skills/Competencies: Requires working knowledge of insurance company operations including technology, financial analysis, and quality/training initiatives. Demonstrated decision-making skills, including the ability to recognize, analyze and improve operational performance, financial performance. Oral and written communications skills for internal/external contacts, negotiations, and presentations.
Ace Your Application.