Technical Lead Growth Monetization, Frontend (US/Remote)
The Growth Product Group is an influential team with a big mission. We want to help millions of organizations around the world grow better through empowering people to discover, adopt, and buy HubSpot’s products the way they want to.
The Monetization team specifically identifies ways to help our existing free user base become paying customers through constant experimentation, iteration, and partnership with HubSpot’s go-to-market teams. We are growing our Growth Payments team, a small, fast-paced group of highly motivated individuals, positioned to make a huge impact on both our users and HubSpot’s business. As an engineer on Monetization, you have the rare opportunity to tie your work directly to company revenue and growth and to partner closely with Product and UX on strategy and vision.
As An Technical Lead On Growth Monetization, You Will –be contributing daily to HubSpot’s code base, TLs will lead small autonomous Frontend teams with a focus on product feature development for customer billing security, to deliver solutions that create exceptional value for our customers. Teams in Hubspot are kept small and nimble to maximise ownership and to eliminate scale challenges and communication overhead (e.g. very few meetings that could have been a Slack message!). This commitment to keeping teams small also allows leads to remain deeply technical and product-focused as well as being able to spend time coaching and developing the great developers they work alongside.
- Write and ship production code that has meaningful user and business impact
- Envision, build, and analyze new features and tools, each contributing to company growth and revenue
- Work with a small, cross-functional team of engineers, PMs, designers, content designers, product analysts, and researchers
- Collaborate with HubSpotters all over the company, whether in engineering, product, design, research, marketing, sales, etc.
- Help HubSpot users meet their goals via changes you’ve made
- Implement experiments that give us valuable insights into user behavior and how to improve their experience
- Get exposure to how HubSpot works as a business
You May Be a Fit If
- Growth , monetisation and or payments experience would be amazing but not essential
- Some previous team, technical or pod lead experience is preferred – managing engineers or projects and taking responsibility for the team’s software design and delivery
- A continued passion to contribute to the code base and for product feature development and product innovation
- Experience working closely with, and contributing ideas and feedback to, product management and designers to help create a solution to exceed our customers needs
- The ability to work collaboratively with the team to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture
- Comfort performing code reviews for engineers at all levels
- Coaching and mentorship experience
- You have a strong focus on the user. You can gain empathy for their challenges and understand how they may flow through our product.
- You not only get excited about big, technical challenges, but also about being very close to the business and our go-to-market strategies
- You have or are interested in developing data analysis skills. You’re not afraid to dive into Amplitude, Looker, Excel, or other data analysis tools and collaborate with our ops and analytics teams.
- You have or are interested in gaining experience with experimentation and A/B tests.
Ace Your Application.