UX Designer, Hardware & Digital
- Cambridge, Massachusetts or Remote, United States | Product | Full-time | Fully remote
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We’re a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
Join the Product team at Soofa, where we have designed an incredibly powerful platform from the ground up for making cities more equitable, social, and accessible. You will tackle hard problems here—for our customers, our company, and our partners—and you will get to see the light in their eyes when you do it. We are a tightly knit strike team who is passionate about ‘moving the needle’ with innovative technology, making data-driven decisions, and pushing the boundaries of our expertise. We get to wrestle with cutting-edge technology spanning multiple disciplines all day long— the Internet of Things, electronic paper, solar power generation and storage, proprietary sensing methodologies, AND MORE!
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
As our first full-time dedicated UX designer, you will be a trailblazer at Soofa. Since you will be the first among a team that will need to grow in both depth and breadth, your blueprint will be on this emerging discipline at our company. On the digital side you’ll have several applications, both B2B and B2C, that need complete makeovers. On the physical side, you have an incredible opportunity to innovate on the sidewalk-level experience of our signage product, which has both a vinyl (static) and digital (e-ink) component. If you are looking for a path to a leadership position, this could be your stepping stone.
- Take charge and create interfaces, both for the web/mobile and in the physical space
- Own and map end-to-end user workflows
- Build wireframes and prototypes that earn buy-in
- Guide and collaborate throughout the design process
- Iterate and test, nonstop
- Innovate! Bring us emerging UI/UX trends and new technologies
- Start the conversation and make an impact by driving design consistency across the brand
- Tackle complex problems creatively
- Act as a UX ambassador and promote a user-first mindset
- A portfolio of creative work that clearly demonstrates a strong UI/UX development process as well as with clear design rationale—send it!
- 4+ years of user interface design
- Expert in UI/UX and graphic design software, development methods, practices, and related tools
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams, especially with engineers
- A holistic approach to UI design that expands beyond the functionality and includes the experiential qualities that engage all human senses
- A Design Thinking mindset with passion for interface design that captures the minds and hearts of customers
- Strong leader and mentor
- Analytical ability with proven strength in suggesting creative solutions and innovative ideas
- Ability to work smartly with minimal supervision or guidance
Bonus Points For
- Passion for/background in urban design and cities
- Passion for/background in advertising and brands
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it, or work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Ace Your Application.