Part-Time UI/UX Designer
- Nationwide, California
About the Role
Blueprint Test Preparation is seeking a Part-Time UI/UX Designer to design and/or update interfaces in our custom web-app. You will work directly with our Senior UI/UX Designer and a team of associate designers on various designs in the project. This is a part-time position that is based remotely. The role will report to our Director of Product.
You will work collaboratively with our team of designers while owning specific parts of the website. The initial project includes applying current design schemes to new layouts, updating existing layouts, and/or creating mock-ups. This engagement has the potential to establish an ongoing relationship.
Specifically, you will:
- Design user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the sites functions and looks
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. icons)
- Prepare and present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Create responsive designs
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- At least 3 years of experience designing user interfaces for desktop and mobile web applications
- Proficiency with Sketch and/or Figma
- Design with an eye for detail, with strong adherence to agreed timelines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote environment
- Comfortable collaborating with other designers and product managers
- A strong portfolio of work in designing UX/UI for desktop and mobile
We’re excited about you because you …
- Have a background in market or user research and/or product development
- Love to learn about users, and have experience in collecting and analyzing research data
- Get excited about building great customer experiences and wowing users
- Are hyper-organized and are comfortable managing project timelines
- Are collaborative and bring a track record of strong stakeholder management and internal evangelism
- Are high energy, self-motivated, and thrive in fast-paced, performance-driven environments
- Think it would be exciting to build the future of online education
- Take your work very seriously but not yourself
- Are passionate about the mission of Blueprint and the problems we’re trying to solve
Who we are . . .
Blueprint is the leading boutique provider of LSAT and MCAT test preparation. We offer several prep options for students, including an online self-study program, in-person and live online classroom options, and live online tutoring. We are a founder-led company that started with a simple vision to prep students more effectively than the big companies by making learning more engaging, more entertaining, and more effective. We are educators at heart looking to serve our students better every day. We know what’s at stake and we understand what it takes to help students succeed.
We are seeking future team members who display our values:
- Students First
- Own the Result
- Bias for Action
- Never Satisfied
- Authentic and Positive
- Energy and Enthusiasm
- Always Learning
We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas. Our team embodies a sense of fun and an unwavering commitment to excellence. We share the belief that we can have a good time while still being the best at what we do.
Ace Your Application.