Are you a proficient WordPress user, very familiar with plugins, themes and hostings?
Do you love writing engaging content? Are you able to explain technical topics in simple words?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you. 🤩
Keep reading for more details! 📝
Become Our WordPress Content Writer!
In your job as a WordPress Content Writer, you will write and manage content that builds credibility and authority for the company.
In this role, you will report directly to the Content Marketer. You will join our marketing team, which is based in Europe. We work remotely, and ideally you should live in a country that aligns with the European Timezone.
We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map! 🌍
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a WordPress Content Writer, you will conduct research, lead speed tests, write new content and update existing ones. You should be comfortable with technical content!
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You will conduct research on industry-related topics and need to stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
- You will identify target keywords on a specific topic and structure your content accordingly
- You will write engaging, easy-to understand and accurate content such as: blog posts, release announcements, company news, reviews, …
- You will submit your work to our Content Marketer for input and approval and publish your content following the editorial calendar.
- You will make edits to existing content in an effort to improve readability, SEO, accuracy, and keep the content up-to-date overall.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
Proven working experience in writing and editing.
You have a solid experience in creating well-structured content, in a conversational tone to guide beginners and more advanced WordPress users. You understand the importance of SEO and how to address it through your content writing.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of WordPress.
You have a working knowledge of WordPress: you can set up a local website to test out products and services. You are familiar with the various types of plugins, themes and hostings. If you have written a few articles about WordPress, that’s a major plus you should mention in your application!
Web performance knowledge.
You have experience with web performance optimization. You know how to measure page load speeds. You understand caching. Terms like gzip, preload, minify, and lazyload are not foreign to you. You know the difference between PageSpeed score and page load time.
Fluency in English.
You will need to be able to effectively write and communicate in English, respectfully, and professionally. You can proofread your work.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- A startup mentalityYou are doer, you are adaptable and you like to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous remote job experience.Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.
What You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Healthy balance between work and private life.
We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy. There are no time cards to stamp, only customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with! We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
Perks and benefits
We want the people on our team to feel that they always receive what they need to shine. This is why we offer:
- Budget for setting up your home office
- Monthly budget for your remote-work expenses
- Free books and Kindle
We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, and Mexico.
Now that we've told you so much about us, it's your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our Content Writer and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
We can’t wait to receive your application! 🌟
Ace Your Application.