About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it’s growing faster every day.
We’re a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who’ve shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
If you love the idea of working with a creative, candid, and remote team who is passionate about making rich virtual worlds, then you might be the right fit.
We are looking for an artful and versatile Graphic Designer to join our team. You will work closely with an array of teams to create graphic assets, thus our ideal candidate must be collaborative and self-driven. You will ask the right questions about the what, who and how to find the best possible solutions for our players and be able to communicate decisions clearly and effectively.
While this position will start as part-time, we hope to grow it into a full-time position within the company.
As a Graphic Designer, you will:
- Develop graphics for product promotion, in-app sales, in-app posts, in-app event UI, logos, websites, social media outlets, in-game branding, print, and internal projects.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout for multiple applicable mediums.
- Create social media content and images to complement our blog content.
- Design ads to promote our game across all online platforms.
- Collaborate with other teams on their specific projects and needs.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for hitting deadlines of graphic design productions.
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to:
- * Be proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Possess creativity with a sharp eye for detail.
- Have strong analytical skills that allow you to imagine how our players and fans would perceive your artwork and messaging.
- Be able to work independently & remotely, speak up, and lead projects.
- Have a portfolio reflecting strengths in design, typography, and layout in digital media.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- * Learn the style and branding of our products and how to apply it.
- Create content for Live Ops needs including event UI, sales art, and in-game posts.
- Develop a system of templates and styles to reapply to efficiently produce content.
- Develop an organization for keeping track of demand and output of content.
- Execute on projects as needed from other departments.
Home office stipend. Haven’t worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
Competitive salaries and significant equity.
Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need.
Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We’ve set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
Ace Your Application.