Senior Graphic Designer, Brand and Communications
Sr. Graphic Designer, Brand and Communications
- UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
- Location: US or Canada (Remote)
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products that give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds and on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
We’re designing tools and infrastructure to help our users start, run, and scale an online business from anywhere in the world. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for a Graphic Designer for the Brand and Communications Design team.
About the role:
The Brand and Communications Design team at HashiCorp is comprised of multi-disciplinary, highly talented designers. Our primary focus is to create, define, and manage HashiCorp’s visual brand identity and to collaborate with stakeholders, vendors, and co-workers to produce effective, high-quality materials or experiences.
In your cover letter, please include a link to your online portfolio, your resume or LinkedIn profile, and 1-2 paragraphs about your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences, plus a few words to describe why HashiCorp is interesting to you.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for design as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of marketing campaigns, design projects, engaging AV projects, or anything else—show us what you’ve got!
- Strong understanding of the fundamental principles or design – including composition, typography, emphasis, contrast, balance and alignment, pacing, and proportion.
- 5+ years of relevant print, spacial, and audiovisual design experience, preferably at a tech-forward, product-driven company or agency.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, Figma or similar web/digital design tools, and After Effects. 3D modeling skills are a plus (SketchUp, AutoCad).
- Proficient experience designing for print, working with CMYK and Pantone colors, and has an understanding of printing with a variety of materials.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with project owners, creative peers, and vendors to deliver effective designs that deliver positive results towards company goals.
- Synthesize broadly scoped, loose concepts, into easily understandable deliverables.
- Bring the brand, marketing campaigns, and event themes to life through engaging graphic and motion design.
- Responsible for spatial and print design for internal and cultural events, industry trade shows, and large external brand experiences.
- Work closely with the Experiential Marketing Team on attendee experience and spatial design such as floor planning, wayfinding, print signage, decor, lighting design, music, and branding.
- Help foster a culture of design excellence, setting a consistently high bar for execution and delivery of highly engaging experiences across all customer touchpoints.
- Work within and help enforce the visual language and design patterns of HashiCorp’s brand.
- Help foster an environment of collaboration and cohesion between design and marketing teams.
- Be agile and contribute wherever needed.
- Use project management tools to effectively communicate the status, needs, roadblocks etc. of a given design project.
You may be a good addition to the team if you have:
- An ability to reduce complex communication challenges into pithy stories, delivered through thoughtful print or interaction design.
- Experience designing across various mediums such as print, digital, event and AV graphics, and presentations.
- Laser-focus on pushing your work until every detail is covered.
- An ability to explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
- A systems-perspective, and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Experience applying those systems to design-system-driven applications—and moreover, know how to balance maintainability with adaptability.
- A love for working with other designers to reinforce a culture of mutual learning and growth.
- Experience working on a remote, cross-functional design team
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning mindset
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.