Remote – USA
Job requisition id
Hiring Range: $45,140.00 – $56,425.00
PLEASE NOTE: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
Only applications that include a portfolio will be considered. If your portfolio can be viewed online, please include the link in your resume. For PDF portfolios, please upload it along with your resume as a separate attachment.
This entry-level graphic design specialist will be joining the Global Communications Creative Team, assisting with creative concepts and execution to support Compassion’s internal communication campaigns across a variety of print and digital media. Recognizing that the team’s primary audience is Compassion’s global workforce, the specialist will further provide design assistance within a highly collaborative team environment with a strong emphasis on internal customer service and results. At this level the specialist may still be learning and assisting with projects and generally works under the guidance of a more experienced specialist or as a team member on larger projects.
What will you do?
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Consults and brainstorms for creative solutions and tactics working with communication arts disciplines across a variety of platforms
- Assists with the creation of communications materials and visual media supporting impactful internal campaigns and series that tell the story of the journey Compassion’s ministry is on
- Contributes to creative solutions in response to communication strategies and goals expressed by clients.
- Performs technical duties such as creating, retouching, resizing, scaling, cropping, archiving, and updating creative files as needed.
- Assists with the creation of content for global events. Further, able to effectively contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Follows the parameters outlined in project creative briefs to contribute to effective and dynamic solutions to promote and expand Compassion’s ministry opportunities.
- As directed, assists with the production of results-oriented, effective, brand-building creative solutions that support and strengthen Compassion’s global communications strategy, including UX/UI for digital channels.
- Works creatively within the brand standards to maintain the integrity, distinction, and consistency of the Compassion brand by adhering to the organization’s brand standards and guidelines.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent education, experience, training and/or certification
- Must have a solid understanding of Adobe software and tools such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.