Sr. Graphic Designer – Trading Cards
- Remote – USA
- Fanatics Trading Cards
About the Team
Fanatics Trading Cards is a new company working at the intersection of trading cards and technology. Backed by some of the best investors, sports properties and operators in the world, we are integrating with Fanatics’ global digital sports platform – which includes 900 sports relationships and more than 81 million reachable fans – to reimagine the trading card business for the 21st century.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, the position is responsible for conceptualizing, designing and implementing strategic solutions for collectible trading cards that have a high degree of visibility and complexity. This position reports to the Creative Director.
- Responsible for graphic design and packaging design for trading card products for sports and entertainment properties
- Manage projects from concept to completion including conceptual development based on style guides from intellectual property licensing partners
- Communicate with freelancers and in-house designers on creative direction from the Creative Director
- Meet strict deadlines on trading card and packaging deliverables, including communicating with print vendors to provide press ready files
- Advanced knowledge of trading card designing practices, rules and execution pertaining to advanced printing techniques such as foil stamping, memorabilia card construction, foil substrates and building of mechanicals for print ready files
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in collectibles or trading cards
- Advanced knowledge of best practices of trading card design and packaging design at a high level for collectibles and retail mass market consumer products
- Advanced knowledge of third party licensor intellectual property style guides and how to implement those style guide restrictions into trading cards
- Strong team and project leader with excellent project management skills
- Advanced technical understanding of digital media and print design in-house and able to communicate with print vendors to find economical solutions for complex print projects
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, MS Teams)
Ace Your Application.