Senior Product Designer
Join our team!
Be a part of Bitovi’s Product team, working remotely with cross-functional teams to help create exceptional user experiences for our clients. We have a passionate commitment to understanding the business needs of our clients and achieving ideal outcomes.
Who we are
Bitovi helps companies create better software and applications. We’re driven by the desire to provide value - to our clients, to the technology community, and to our incredible team.
Every day, we design and build a wide variety of high-profile applications through our active Consulting practice. We talk to our clients directly, guiding them through the process, identifying potential problems and unknowns, and tackling challenges.
We help one another freely. We keep a Slack channel called ask-help and it’s used constantly. We develop new skills, build better developer tools, and work on new types of projects regularly - and take the time to present at conferences, give trainings, and run meetups.
Our fully remote team consists of about 80 developers and designers located around the US and Canada. We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the profession - we want the right person, not the right collection of tech keywords.
You use your expertise in user experience design methods to hone the details while keeping the entire product experience front and center. You plan your work and identify the right approach to any given design challenge, and you use customer outcomes and business metrics to hold yourself accountable. Your work demonstrates how you push the boundaries of design and product innovation.
Please note: Travel may be required in the future for up to a few days every quarter.
- Leads and delivers design projects of large and (or) ambiguous scope
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our 2 billion plus users
- Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex actions into usable interfaces
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve and define visual systems
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of Facebook products
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
- Lead a partnership with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
Your Experience Looks Like:
- 5+ years of professional experience working as part of multidisciplinary design teams
- Advanced knowledge of UX/UI tools (ex. Figma, Sketch, AdobeXD, Invision, Zeplin)
- Passion for what design innovation can do to improve lives of real people
- Good grasp of user-centered design (UCD)
- Sense of usability and accessibility concerns in designs, as well as cultural sensitivity, creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; experience managing client and partner relationships
- Has a solid portfolio showcasing work that exhibits attention to detail and articulates design decisions
- Designing for software applications for multiple platforms (e.g., web, mobile, desktop)
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products across a variety of platforms
- Interaction design experience with knowledge to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs
- Experience in prototyping
- Visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense
- Strategic product thinking with the experience of understanding product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the product
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes
- Experience connecting your work with other related initiatives across the company or client
Work Remotely (in North America)
Bitovi helps people and companies create better products. We’re a ~80 person team made up of Designers, Developers, Project Management, and DevOps team members located around the US, Canada, and various International locations.
This is a remote, full-time position. This role may require travel up to 1 week every quarter weeks once travel resumes post-COVID. Due to travel requirements, we have a preference on candidates in North America who are willing and able to travel in the future.
Benefits we offer
- Full-time remote work
- Competitive salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Company retreats (previously in Boston, Scottsdale, Denver, Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island)
- 401(k) plan with matching
- Four weeks paid time off
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity/paternity leave
How to Apply
We manually review applications individually and applications missing the following details will not be considered. Attention to detail matters to us. Please ensure you have the following to submit with your application:
- Portfolio/case studies demonstrating a passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces (link or upload)