Global Director of Account Management
Global Director of Account Management
- Account Management
- Remote job
Sales | Account Management | Team Building
Who are we?
At Grip, we’re passionate about bringing professionals together to move markets forward faster. Our leading Market Engagement Platform for Event Organisers enables our clients to create Virtual, Hybrid, and Live event experiences in a single solution. Making it easier for event participants to connect, engage and do business.
Grip works with 12 out of 20 of the largest Event Organisers globally and is known for its leading AI-powered matchmaking engine, used to establish millions of valuable connections at thousands of events. As a multi-award-winning global leader in AI-powered tech, we pride ourselves on being real innovators in the event tech space.
Grip recently completed a $13M Series A funding round led by Kennet Partners, a well-known London-based VC Fund. Other investors at Grip include leading entrepreneurs Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter), and Jeremy Roche (FinancialForce, Unit4).
About the position:
At Grip, hundreds of leading event organisers across the global work with us as a partner in achieving their business goals to connect, inspire and engage their event participants.
As the Global Director of Account Management, you’ll be responsible for a team of currently 5 Account Managers and Directors which is expected to grow to at least 10 across the globe by the end of the year. The main objective of Account Management at Grip is to be a sounding board for executives in our client organizations, creating strong relationships with key decision-makers to drive retention, growth and long-term success.
We work in a Land & Expand strategy often resulting in a relatively small initial engagement, with multi-million dollar contracts as the long-term potential. Your responsibility will be to put in place a sales & engagement strategy together with New Business and Event Success to realize this potential.
This is a critical role in the future growth of Grip and we’re excited about working with someone that has a proven track record while being excited about getting stuck into a new opportunity to play a critical role in a fast-growing company.
- Develop and execute account level strategies that achieve key business metrics including client retention, revenue growth and long-term success.
- Guide and influence a team of Account Managers in supporting clients and growing accounts across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
- Lead ongoing strategic customer meetings to communicate best practices, successes and business results; facilitate quarterly business reviews & executive meetings.
- Gain a solid understanding of Grip’s offering to be able to advise clients on how to make the most of the product suite and pull in the right Event Success people to explain products and services in greater detail where needed.
- Coaching, managing and growing our amazing team of Account Managers and executives
- Nurture new opportunities with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas for the entire account management team.
- Stay on top of trends and changes in the event technology market and how Grip can take advantage of them.
- Delivering our company OKRs for Account Growth and Retention.
- Serve as customer advocate internally while effectively collaborating with internal teams including Event Success, Professional Services, Product, Engineering and Finance.
Things move pretty fast at Grip so, although your role will be focussed on being a leader in Account Management, you’ll likely end up wearing quite a few hats and gaining experience across a variety of responsibilities
- The potential to shape an entire industry through AI.
- The opportunity to lead an entire Account Management team and report directly to the CRO.
- Competitive commission and bonus based on a combination of personal and company targets.
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
- A company Macbook and supporting technology to be successful in a WFH environment
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years in client-facing sales roles (preferably in SaaS & Event Tech)
- 4+ years as a manager of a sales team mainly focused on existing client growth & retention (preferably a Global team)
- Proven ability to create, manage and scale an incredible global account management team.
- Ability to jump into large and complicate accounts when needed and be a calming and reassuring voice for clients.
- Ability to strategize with executives of FTSE 1,000 companies about the future of their business and how Grip is a critical part of its success.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organisational skills
- An understanding of the events or event technology industry is highly desired
- A real team player with a proven ability to collaborate across departments
- Flexibility – things move at a fast pace at Grip
- Quick thinker, curious about clients and their challenges with the ability to handle questions on the fly
We look for people that live by our values:
- Growth Mindset – be curious, take ownership and share knowledge freely and openly
- Be Nice – listen to understand, respect others and support your team members
- Transparency – Open and clear communication, speak up about problems and be honest
- Can-do Attitude – Take ownership of your work and do what it takes to make it a success
- Value Focused – work smart, understand what drives KPIs, always keep our clients in mind