Jun, 2013 - Current
Jul, 2011 - Jun, 2013
- I built the mobile responsive site, something that was not planned or existed before. Users were grateful and feedback was positive.
- Created style guide to standardize visual elements and widgets for development and design. A tool that streamlined both design and development and became invaluable to both teams.
- Decreased friction and increased efficiency by creating a design to development process.
- Helped create and implement front end coding standards and practices
- Lead Agile stand-ups and retrospectives
Mar, 2011 - Apr, 2013
Feb, 2008 - Jul, 2011
- Brown Brothers Harriman (http://www.bbh.com/)
- MSC Industrial Supply (http://www.mscdirect.com/)
- Lincoln Electric (lincolnelectric.com)
- HHGregg (hhgregg.com)
May, 2007 - Apr, 2008
Designed and developed Crookedrivergroove.com. Put together web based applications using PHP, CSS, XHTML, and MySQL.
Cleveland Indians Baseball Co.
Jun, 2005 - Feb, 2008
Helped to manage a Microsoft Windows network, supported Avaya phone systems, Apple OSX, and created intranet sites for special projects.
Sep, 2007 - Dec, 2007
Cuyahoga Community College
2003 - 2008
Berea High School
- Ruby on Rails
- Web Standards
- HTML 5
- Pivotal Tracker
- ASP.NET MVC
- MVC Architecture
- Mobile Internet
- Front-end Development
- Web Applications
- Interaction Design
- User Experience
- Agile Methodologies
- User Interface
Freelance Web Developer and Graphic Designer
Web apps and websites creation. Graphic design. Product development.
- React, Meteor, Angular
- Ruby on Rails API
- JS and CSS Animations
Apr, 2016 - Jan, 2017
Crowdcube is the world's leading equity crowdfunding platform. It enables everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s leading venture capitalists in start-up, early stage and growth businesses.
- In charge of creating and integrating new design frameworks and components for the web app.
- Features developed: New pitch page, secondary markets, funded company, full redesign of the homepage/ information pages.
May, 2015 - Apr, 2016
eMoov is UK’s No.1 Hybrid Estate Agent.
As part of a team of five full-stack developers I designed and built aspects of the eMoov customer web site and property-listing management site using Angular & Django. Responsible for peer code reviews, involved in sprint planning and both technical and UX design reviews.
- Features developed - Book viewings, checkout, signup flow, Ratesetter API integration, CRM API integration
Sep, 2014 - May, 2015
Small digital creative agency. Responsible for the development of immersive, full-page, responsive ads for blue-chip clients. Worked as part of a team of developers and designers creating micro-sites for national advertising campaigns. Building of front & back ends for games and competitions.
- Clients - Microsoft, Cadbury, Reebok, Twinings, British Airways, Vodafone, American Express, GoCompare, Shell
Apr, 2014 - Aug, 2014
Student @General Assemb.ly WDI program. Front-end and Back-end Web Development.
- Muzup - Social app built with Ruby on Rails. Postgres. File upload with CarrierWave + Amazon S3.
- Readr - Social RSS Feed Reader app. Ruby on Rails. Rake task using Nokogiri.
- Hackathon - World Cup Pub Finder app. Used gov data. CSV parsing. Yelp API. Maps.
- Citynsider - Map generator based on interests. Yelp API. Google Maps and Directions API.
- Washit - CRM app. Booking system, Admin dashboard.
Sep, 2013 - May, 2014
On-site retargeting campaigns and technology
Technical project manager - Coordination and planning between in freelancers, account managers and in- house developers.
Online campaigns setup and testing using Yieldify software, HTML, Chrome terminal and jQuery. Debugging, fixing and reporting issues.
Leading and training of a team of freelance designers and web developers. Management of a junior project manager.
- Clients - Philips, Tesco Phone Shop, O2, Dorothy Perkins, Play.com, Yves Rocher, Joy, Ryman
Aug, 2011 - Sep, 2013
HD Conferencing app with innovative 3D sound technology.
Product and features development in collaboration with engineers (iPhone, Android, Mac & PC.) UX and UI in collaboration with designers.
Tech support and coordination with technical teams to fix reported bugs. Website development, content and SEO.
Analysis of beta users’ feedback, QA results and KPIs to recommend improvements.
Global marketing strategy - Market research and competitor monitoring. Press and public relations. Investors meetings. Coordination during the lunch of the startup.
Accomplishments • Raised $1,5M • Won DEMO God Award • Featured in Forbes, The Guardian, TechCrunch • Won $600 000 from Bandwidth’s iNetwork Challenge • Featured in the AppStore’s “New App” section • Developed partnership with Sennheiser
Savannah College of Art and Design
2004 - 2008
SKEMA Business School
2008 - 2010
Apr, 2013 - Aug, 2013
Dec, 2017 - Current
I am a full-time developer for Anthem, working on their consumer portal application. My responsibilities include:
- Developing RESTful APIs in NodeJS
- Ensuring code quality with unit testing
- Performing work with Agile methodology in a partially distributed team
- Engaging in continuous integration development practice
- Coordinating with business partners to refine feature requirements
New York University
2009 - 2013
BFA with a Minor in Web Applications and Programming
2016 - 2017
A 20-week course designed to cover all aspects of full-stack development.
Oct, 2017 - Nov, 2017
A web development training program with a focus on the Angular framework.
Jun, 2017 - Jul, 2017
A simple URL shortener built with the MEAN stack. Deployed to AWS.
- Angular 2+
- Oracle WCS
- Jira, Atlassian Tools
- Section 508 Compliance
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
Apr, 2016 - Current
- Rebuilt and re-architected internal web forms on legacy document management platform that allowed us to speed up development time by a factor of 3:1.
- Requirements gathering, tech stack selection, architecture, design, and coding for web application that will dynamically render forms with complicated form and business logic.
- Server build and management for Linux/Apache/IIS. Extensive use of VMs, Docker and Vagrant.
Full-stack web developer for audio-visual company contracted to Amazon. Building internal and customer-facing (meaning Amazon employees) web apps for data visualization, metrics, and support ticketing. I am the sole developer for this company so I architect, design, develop, and manage the entire stack utilizing the internal Amazon build and deployment tools and AWS.
- Designing and building custom CMS in Ruby on Rails utilizing Refinery. This will replace a python/Plone CMS. Allowing for improved maintainability, custom functionality, custom UI/UX, shared servers. Saving company server costs and development time. Customer-facing editing will be improved as well.
- See skills for list of technologies used on a daily basis.
May, 2015 - Aug, 2015
Fast iteration and focused learning while absorbing new technologies and developing useful projects. Completed the challenge of learning 4 full stacks of web development in 3 months.
- - E-commerce platform built on AngularJS and Django.
- - User Dashboard (think Facebook) built on MEAN stack with socket.io.
- - Data Bagel data visualizations utilizing web APIs, MEAN stack, D3.js and Chart.
- - Multiple smaller capstone projects built on LAMP stack, MEAN stack, Django, and Ruby on Rails
- Built complete web app, front to back, from scratch, in under 4 hours in both MEAN stack and LAMP stack.
- Built pixel-perfect web page from UI mock-up in under 2 hours.
Mar, 2014 - May, 2015
Took time off to teach for America!
- Special education teacher in Phoenix, AZ. A full 80% of students achieved 2 full years of academic growth over the course of one year as evidenced by NWEA test scores.
Aug, 2010 - Apr, 2014
- Winner of two separate Microsoft hackathons.
May, 2012 - Sep, 2012
Project manager for large-scale HIS implementations. Primary client was large teaching hospital in Walnut Creek, CA.
- Introduced and implemented Agile methodologies for rapid iteration during build out, decreasing man hour requirements by 10%.
- Managed Radiant and Cardiant team on 500M+ implementation.
- Data scrubbing and validation for greater than 40K records for large hospital in Maine.
- Provided go-live support for three events.
- Preparation and delivery of executive-level preparations for clinical readiness and validation sessions.
- Scored greater than 95% on both Radiant and Cardiant certifications.
Feb, 2012 - May, 2012
Contract position brought in to implement Agile project management methodologies and jump start stalled IT projects.
- Analyzed and optimized global dial plan and DID numbers for domestic and international offices. Created telecom savings estimated at $10000/month.
- New Telecommuter IT Project: Executed gap analysis of current to future state; created and developed wireframe, web-site mockups, interactive presentations, and customer-facing documentation to lead new telecommuters through signup process. Required multifunctional and distributed team coordination.
- Corporate Acquisitions: Analyzed current state workflow for telecommunications and developed future state workflows utilizing Visio and event-process chain methodology.
- Guest Wireless Access Project: Implemented Kanban board and agile methodology for guest wireless access implementation project. Provided initial project planning, task assessment and assignment.
Jan, 1998 - Apr, 2008
Owner and consultant providing project management and document management services for large architecture, construction, and logistics projects. Certified construction contract administrator.
- Managed documentation coordination for large mining project (Pebble Mine) with over 20,000 documents at inception. Moved files from hard copy to Sharepoint site.
- Project planning and logistics for mining deployment contract with budget in excess of $10 million.
- On call 24/7 for critical incident response. Responded to minor oil spill site and managed man camp and response.
- Project manager for architectural contracts for project budgets from $80,000 to in excess of $50 million.
- Ghostwriter for published book on heart disease in women for a cardiologist at UCLA. Ghostwriter for several consumer-oriented business books for a human resources consultant. Wrote numerous medical and scientific research projects/papers for clients.
University of Alaska, Anchorage
Aug, 1987 - May, 1993
Mar, 1999 - 2008
- Servers: Apache, Node, NGINX, proxies and full servers hosted on AWS with VIPs and auto-scaling groups.
- Back stack: Ruby, Node, Python, Django, Rails, Postgres, DynamoDB, mySQL, Redshift, Oracle. Data normalization, building databases, syncing data sources.
- Middle stack: REST APIs with JSON, XML, CSV, SQL.
- Test-driven development: rSpec, Cucumber, Karma.
- CLI: Lots of time here. Curl, telnet, ssh, bash, grep in both Ubuntu and RHEL (VM).
- Build and Deploy: Utilize Amazon's internal tools. Each app/site has multiple environments. Utilize git extensively.
- MVCs: Rails, Angular, Code Igniter, Django.
- Docker, Vagrant.
Jan, 2015 - Jun, 2015
May, 2013 - Dec, 2013
(Popular phones and iPads & tabs, etc)
May, 2010 - Jul, 2010
Aug, 2007 - May, 2010
University of Texas at Arlington
Jan, 2014 - Current
DATA ANALYSIS WITH HADOOP USING MAP/REDUCE & AMAZON WEB SERVICES
Performed data mining on
historic literature & analyze climate data on the cloud using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce , AWS S3 storage &
AWS RDS database service. Databases - MySQL, MongoDB.
DROPBOX GDRIVE FILE ENCRYPTION
Python application to upload encrypted versions of files to cloud & decrypt
it while downloading. Encryption/Decryption performed with GNUPG
MAVERICK EVENT HUB
An event advertising app in android with custom Metro UI based User Interface,
Sophisticated UI. App provides a platform for UTA students to advertise events
CSV/MS EXCEL FILE CLEANSING WITH PYTHON
Using csv & openpyxl library of python to clean a streamline of
csv/excel files and automate the data insertion with large datasets
PLAGIARISM DETECTION USING KMP/LCSS
Running kmp/lcss algorithms from python to determine what % of
the test file matches with the given set of files. Using Python.
A reverse bid online auction web application built using .net framework.
- LAMP Server
- Web Applications
- Responsive Designs
- Big Data
- Data Mining
- Amazon Web Services